End of my tether

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 9 months post TKR, had a MUA end of March, I was discharged from PT about 2 month ago. I've been having really bad pain stiffness clunking, I've been referred back to physio again, the pain today has been horrendous I'm so down with it, thought it would be a lot better by now , no one seems to know what to do I'm not sure what physio will do , I was hoping for maybe a xray as had just 1 after my op just to make sure everything is Ok, I'm sure I shouldn't be in this much pain 9 months post op

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Same here.  Going to another Orthopaedic surgeon real soon.  I suggest you do too.  Some implants are faulty and some surgeons have their resident do their/my surgery.  Not acceptable!!!
    • Posted

It's such a relief to know I'm not alone , really fed up with it. I think I will ask for further tests or to see someone else..

• Posted

I've been to the doctors and emergency doctors so many times but no one seems to want to know , they just say take pinkillers , I've been referred back to PT but not sure if that will help with pain etc

• Posted

I know it isn't much of a mental break but there is that old saying that for the 1st year the leg owns you and after that you may own it. This is definitely a bring. I've been through 11 leg surgeries and 5 complete rehabs and eventually there will be healing but only time will bring out the results you desire. Keep working and eventually the chips will fall your way. Just make sure you aren't showing any symptoms of infection. Go back and review the w wisdom of Chico Marx and pay attention to his advice to see if you are missing anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.