End of the rope

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 33 and I have had my right hip hurting me since as long as I can remember, I been through all sorts of pain medication, tens unit, hip injectstions, physical therapy, chiropractor. I seen doctor after doctor. Had muplutiple mri, cat scans, it wasn't until last year they did a arthrogram a found I had a labral tear. I went and had arthroscopic surgery to fix the tear, they used anchors with partial detriment and fixed an impingment, they noted I had some cartilage damage but no arthritis. Since then I completed physical therapy, but my hip has been worse, it still feels like it pinches, it locks, my leg buckles, my pain is only in the front part. It pops and it is incredibly painful. I can't sit for long periods or stand, it feels full and lots of pressure. I have tried everything from foam rolling, to pain medications to tens unit, acupuncture, physical therapy. I can't do it any more, I went back to my doctor they redid a arthrogram but they did not find anything wrong. I'm beside myself. On average my hip will pop up to 10 sometimes 20 times a day out almost feels like it is out of place. What should I do? Any thoughts of what this could be? They did x- rays nothing, the only thing they mention is I have mild dysplasia of that hip, I even went to see someone who does PAOs and I didn't not qualify. Any suggests would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Where did you get referred? What you are describing is what I had.

I have had a laberal tear fixed and then a PAO for each hip 7 months apart, last one 18 months ago, by Marcus Bankes at Guy's hospital.

Though i am now in agony again in one hip, just with day to day activities. I'm thinking it's another tear perhaps. So upset as this has been a tough few operations/recoveries and I can't stand comfortably once again let alone exercise or consider getting pregnant

Nina

• Posted

Omg that sounds terrible and frightening I'm about8 weeks with no answers or even really a diagnosis but this sounds like exactly what I have good luck I would never last years!!! God Bless you !

• Posted

Hi Linsey

So sorry this is happening to you.

I had quite a few symptoms very similar to you.

I'd take a step and there was nothing there - ended up on crutches. Weight bearing was agony.

Pain was just awful. Groin, back and thigh.

Lots of noise.

Had various investigations - xrays, chiropractor, osteopath and physio.

Yes the hip was dislocated at birth.

Finally, they took a standing xray and found it was subluxation.

The option was a hip replacement.

Very pleased to have it done.

Hope they've found the cause and fix it quickly.

All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.