End Stage Osteoarthritis - Both Knees

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have experienced SEVERE pain for several years now as I have had to lose weight for total knee replacement surgeries. Have lost 30 pounds and need to lose 10 more. Have caregiver. Can barely walk. Can't do anything but sit and the pain is increasing badly. Have a walker but need wheelchair but live upstairs. I need help getting another place to live. Husband back on the scene and helping some. I feel so alone in my little workd and am desperate to find someone like myself. Can anyone relate??

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi christianpatty you are not alone with this. im 39 yo and have had this same problem since I was 28 I have grade 4 rapid onset osteoarthritis all over body and there are days I think im alone but recently I have tried to overcome this by getting out on my crutches or wheelchair and ignoring the pain I lnow its hard to do but we have to fight this disease and not let it take over be strong and together we can kick this in the backside.  I have recently bought new crutches from usa made by orthopedic and they have helped me a lot they have shock absorption on the bottom so takes pressure of knees well worth the money I jope you can find a way of ignoring the pain have you tried hydrotherapy.. I have been told I cant have knee replacement as im too young I thimk they forget quality of life so Im finding my own solutions if you ever want to talk to someone new you know where I am

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.