endo after hysterectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

can anybody help? I had a total hysterectomy 4 years ago. around 18months ago the pain in my back started again. it's now got to the point of pain down my legs and its seriously affecting my life!! tried every painkiller nothing works. I have a hospital appt end of this month to see gyni. why have I got this pain again when I was told to have hyst for endometriosis??? seriously fed up!!!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I had a total Hysterectomy 15years ago large cyst was found, that explained the pain I had on right ovary, 15years on still getting the same pain, but have been told it's I.B.S. So tried everything to cure the I.B.S, was speaking to a friend & her daughter, has had total hysterectomy, but still has Endo, she's waiting for Op, because it's around her bowel bladder. Just come on to this page & see so many people with the same problem,going to go to my g.p with this new found info. Paula did you see the gyni man ?
  • Posted

Hi Rosie, yes saw gyni and he says only way to find out if endo is back is to have a laparoscopy. He has booked me in for November. so here we go again! I am so fed up of this pain, all I want is to wake up and feel normal again! I thought after I had my hysterectomy I would be ok and pain free. have you been to see your gp?
  • Posted

Hi Paula I am going tomorrow tomorrow to see my G.p I have been away for 2days so will be first there in morning, I too feel rotton all the time I had my Hysterectomy thinking that was it gone, I suffered same pain since but was told it is IBS . Do you also get pain in gall bladder/liver what ever else is in that area lol I have just had 3weeks of this pain, driving me crazy, will let you know what my GP says, she most prober lay look at me as if I'm crazy, she's not very forth coming sad
  • Posted

Should say probably hehe
  • Posted

Hi Rosie, yes I get pain in my side and look like I am pregnant some days! the worst pain I get is in my lower back and it goes down the tops of my legs! it's the same pain I had before my hyst, just feels like I am going to start a period!! how can I feel like this when there is nothing there?? it's really starting to drag me down, pain is just horrid,no amount of painkillers seem to touch it. be firm with your gp and ask for a referral to gyni, I have a friend who works for a gyni consultant and she says endo can come back if they missed some when doing hyst! do you take hrt? I do and it can feed endo!
  • Posted

Paula I am 65,suffered with Endo I think all my life, I didn't take HrT, because family history of breast cancer, my g.p at the time was a gynecologist , he was so good, but unfortunalty has passed, I did well with menopause, just green tea, if I had milk for any other reason I used Soya .tried to keep of dairy. I honestly can't believe, it could be Endo, & my G..P have missed it, I certainly will be firm, & will tell her about this site, take care Paula will let you know results tomorrow.

• Posted

I am 44, I was 39 when I had my hyst and have been on hrt since the day after my op. my gp says I need to take hrt till I am 55. hope you get answers tomorrow Rosie.
  • Posted

Hi Paulawent to G.p , she wants bloods done tomorrow to see what's going on, have to go back next week, discuss further treatment, I did take solpadine tablets last night soluble, they did ease the pain, let you know soon take care.
  • Posted

Hi Rosie, good to hear your gp doing something, hopefully you will get to the bottom of what is causing your pain.take care
  • Posted

Hi Paula seen G.P today sending me for Ultra sound, she seems to think it Gallbladder relate? We will see, my Liver function came back normal so one good thing out of the way. Will keep in touch hope your well .
  • Posted

Hi Rosie, that's good news about your liver. My mum had trouble with her gallbladder, she had hers taken out by keyhole op, she fine now. hope you don't have to wait too long for your scan. I have my pre op next Thursday,go in for op in November. strange but I feel very nervous about it. after going through a hysterectomy which I wasn't a bit nervous about, maybe it's because I am not sure what is causing this pain. take care
  • Posted

Hope all goes well Paula, keep us updated .
  • Posted

Hi there finally had ultra sound,5 months wait, showed I have a fatty liver !! My gall bladder ect. Normal, told watch diet, keep weight low (easier said than done ) was reading on one sight about Bimuno powder, so here we go (hehe) Paula how are you doing ? X
  • Posted

Hi I also had endo then hysterectomy then back op and I.b.s for 18 years and now have gastritis,acid reflux,and arthritis in back still getting more tests and calprotection levels tested through stool sample

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.