Endo Belly?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi! I have t been diagnosed with Endo by lap yet- but all signs point to yes. I’ve been experiencing EXTREME bloating- looking like I’m pregnant and it’s so awful - has anyone else experienced this with Endo? Is this common? Any suggestions how to help eliminate this bloating?!

Thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Gabby, if that's your only issue you will not ever be diagnosed as having endo. Yes, sone of us experience bloat but that is just the icing on the nasty cake of endo.

Have you tried gas pills? Are you constipated? Eating too much?

• Posted

Oh no no. I have many many symptoms of Endo- severe pelvic pain- leg pain- heavy periods- pain with intercourse, etc...but this AWFUL AWFUL bloating is new and unbearable.
    • Posted

Well then yes, sadly it may be part of it. There were times when I couldn't wear anything smaller than a huge tent dress & it had to be made of a soft material. I was slim back then so it was very irksome to go from a 7-9 to a 14 in the space of half an hour. It's returned off & on in the last 4-5 years. I'm in my 60s, had a total hysterectomy in my 20s then needed a bowel resection from endo 9 yrs ago. I'm ignoring it because I don't want a 6th abdominal surgery.

If you haven't already, now is a good time to start keeping a journal of your symptoms. The bloating can also indicate other things and a journal may help you & medicos figure it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.