Endo help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ladies, been diagnosed with Endo.  Dr wants to laser the affected area.  He also suggested the Mirena coil to stop it coming back.  But I'm not keen on the side affects, I.e. Weight gain, loss libido. Anyone have the laser removal without getting coil fitted and get relief?  Tks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI I can only give advice on the other way around. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2013 which I had layered off. Then 6 months later I had a coil fitted. And honestly it was the best thing I ever did. All my symptoms were pretty much gone. I also gained no weight or lack of libido. I have just had laparoscopy on the 10th of this month for endo again and a coil swap. I couldn't recommend it enough. X

• Posted

Thanks Kerry  that's good to know.  I know I could have it removed if it doesn't agree with me

• Posted

Yea absolutely. Has your doctor not discussed any other treatments with you? Before laser treatment I went in the depo injection to reduce symptoms which unfortunately didn't work and that's why I opted for the laser treatment and coil. Best advice is you do what you think is right for you. As what works for one might not work for others x

• Posted

I had a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy done last Friday for endometriosis. My doctor told me it was severe so I can't say I feel completely better after the procedure but I'm only a week into recovering. We discussed lupron but I've heard HORRIBLE THINGS about it. So we are going to trial and error with birth control which also scares me with side effects. I will say I was on the Mirena before. It was awful. I could feel it and it killed my sex life as my boyfriend at the time could feel it as well even though they cut it back on 3 different occasions. It got embedded into my uterus and I had to have it surgically removed. The side effects for me were awful. The word Mirena itself makes me cringe. I was crazy and definitely put on the weight. My opinion... I would explore all options. I refuse to get an IUD because of my nightmare experience but it could be different for you! Best of luck.

• Posted

I have the coil as well, please just make sure they fit it properly, they kept tell me it would settle, I lasted a month and it was agony. I had contractions trying to get it out but they assured me it was fine. When I had it removed, it came out far too easily, it really shouldn't hurt after a day or two. You're in enough pain to not need more! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.