endo is damaging my relationship

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi

I was diagnosed with endometriosis 2 years ago after a lap. I was fitted with the mierna coil at the same time but recently I have been having pain and bleeding again. Have been for scans and coil still in place. My cysts have not grown so looks like an early coil change is my next option. However for about 4 months now I am completely and utterly not interested in sex at all. I am gay so it's not necessarily the pain of intercourse that is causing it but honestly it's ruining my relationship. I love my girlfriend and it has nothing to do with her it's me. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it my hormones dropping? The pelvis pain and bleeding obviously are playing a massive part but I'm just never in the mood anymore.

is this something my GP would be able to help with?

Thanks for any answers.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Darcy

Coils weren't around when I was young - had a total hysterectomy at 27. But i do believe that one way or another, endo can affect libido. Talk to your doc for sure, and look up the manufacturer/ pharma website to see what possible side effects they list. Even if it's not coil-related, dealing with the disease mentally and emotionally or the separate part of just dealing with all the pain takes a huge toll. Libido is often affected by all of that. And gay, straight and everything in between or beyond, if you ever hankered to bear kids, that can be a separate stressor. I was lucky as I had never wanted kids.

If you haven't already talked to your sweetie about this, consider doing so as she may be your best ally.

I hope this can be resolved in a hood wsy, and soon.

• Posted

Well: I hope it can be resolved soon and in a good way. And I hope there weren't any other typos!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.