Endo or ibs

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does endo cause discomfort in one place just below belly button don’t havevheavy periods they have become irregular was a week early last month but could be cause I’m stressed  I had a colonoscopy was normal 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Endo causes all sorts of pains invarious spots. But how old are you and how long has this been going on?
    • Posted

I’m 42 and had this discomfort for few months now my period isn’t heavy I get pain but nothing that bad 
    • Posted

It would be very unusual to have endo only show up for the 1st time at 42. I can't say anything about IBS except that it's a diagnosis docs love to hide behind. Many folks have it, but many don't. I've no clue whether or not you've got it.

Think about asking for some abdominal ultrasounds, including vaginal if the others show nothing.

I have tons of scar tissue in my abdomen from 5 abdominal surgeries, 3 for endo. As I get older, there's a lot more sensation in my abdomen just as my intestine work -- or that's my theory, not letting them even look to try & find some excuse to cut me open again. Am in my 60s now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.