Endo Pain about 10 days before period??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been struggling with pelvic pain- pain down leg for over 5 years. Tests, ultrasounds, all that has shown nothing. Wondering if endometriosis? I am 35 years old - no children.  The time the pain starts seems to be 10 days before period- and it is horrible pain. That doesn’t seem like endo??? I just read so much my head is spinning. Help!

Thank you!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Endo pain doesn't limit itself to periods. It pretty much does what it wants. A laparoscopy is the only way to know for sure if you have it.

• Posted

you need to be evaluated to know for sure .  they usually cannot find out 100% without doing a laparoscopy surgery to find it . But if your symptoms add up to it and your doctor feels that you may have it. but if your symptoms add up to it and your doctor feels that you may have it   There are options to try  see if it relieves it .  If for any reason they believe you may have it and you want to have children I would definitely talk to them about what to do .  I had extremely painful periods from the day I started my first.   They did get pretty severe from age 14 all the way until today and I’m 39 .  The pain is pretty intense it feels like extreme extreme extreme cramping   That can barely been by taking Aleve or Advil  even while using a heating pad  end it usually does cause really bad ovulation pain   some people never have any symptoms .  Definitely don’t ignore it   And find a doctor that specializes in it so they will take you seriously .  I will tell you once I had the surgery to remove the endometriosis   I felt incredible .  I knew I had a lot of pain but I never knew how good I could and should have been feeling .   The endometriosis implants that I had were all over my organs   and destroyed my tubes .  I already have two kids and I don’t plan on having any more children so they remove them  along with all of the other endometriosis .  Year after surgery my endometriosis is back and I’m going to be getting a hysterectomy and surgery to remove the new Endo .  The reason I’m telling you this is that if you do get surgery to remove it if you do not go on birth control or some form of hormone to suppress the ovaries it can come back .  I opted out of the hormones because I don’t do well with birth control .  so I’m removing my uterus and one of my ovaries and keeping one to give me enough hormones so I feel like myself .  there is no cure for Endo unfortunately and you may not have it you may have something out so you definitely need to get to the doctor .  If you do have Endo there are minor and major forms of treatment .  Even though mine came back after removal I am confident with the plan that I have that I will be able to keep it at bay .  Worst case scenario for me is if the remaining ovary was enough to promote Endo to come back I would immediately go on a low dose hormone that would  hopefully not affect me too bad . Keep me posted of how things work out for you! God bless
  • Posted

I also get excruciating pain about 10 days b4 period as well. I am currently getting tested ( MRI) for what my Dr. Thinks may be Adenomyosis. Maybe you can look into this as well smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.