Endo pains and progestins

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I have an inconclusive endo diagnosis. My gyno only did multiple transvaginal ultrasounds I have not had a laparoscopy. I have always had an extremely painful period, wich started getting worse over the years (I am 32). Last year, I had to call an ambulance - the pain was unbearable and I was vomiting continuously. Almost 4 months ago my gyno prescribed me progestin pills "Visannette". Since their use (or at least that is how it feels like) I get cramps/pain after almost every bowel movement and sex and it feels like things are getting worse. On one hand, I am happy, because the pills stopped my period, which means no few-days long excruciating pains, but these small "pain attacts" started (as I mentioned, after almos every bowel movement and sex). I wanted to ask if any of you experience the same symptoms and whether it's a normal course of disease? Does the pain mean that certain areas in the pelvic cavity have been scarred by endometrium and the pills cannot do anything to reverse what happened? 

Thank you in advance!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun, sorry to hear your having such a hard time with it. It does sound like endometriosis the pain you describe is exactly the same pain I have. My bowel was stuck to my ovary and now other places too. I would ask for a laproscipy because scans do not show up adhesions. They are useless, the only other thing that presents the same is cysts on your ovaries which I got to.
    • Posted

Thank you Anne-marie! I also worry that laparoscopy is inevitable and that endo has affected my bowel. No cysts were ever found though, so it is probably what you say.
  • Posted

Hi love, I'm the same with mine. I've had it 6 years now I'm only 26 and it's nearly split my 8 years relationship up. It's been horrible for me. The pain during sex is that bad that I can't bring myself to have it at all. And i have got endormetrosis on my bowels so I have a lot problems there too. you might find that your bowel is attached to something or your back passage and that's the pain you get. Do you feel when your having sex it in your back or in your bum or that was bad for me it was horrible my back passage was attached to my womb 🙈 Mine never showed up on scans only when they went inside. I would push for keyhole surgery and ask well they are looking about to remove any they can. But I will tell you I've had 4 ops now it is still come back. Fingers crossed your lucky and it goes first time but I'm now wanting a hysterectomy as I can't cope no longer with it. It's ruining my life. Xxx

• Posted

Hi, I am so sorry to hear you've suffered so long... I hope hysterectomy will solve it. My doctor also told me to try and get pregnant, but I do not have a burning desire for kids and to use conception in hope of curing a disease sounds weird to me. The problem with sex is that I start having cramps afterwards. The beginning is also slightly uncomfortable, but no cramps involved, just dryness. The cramps after can be felt both in lower abdomen and in my bum. It really is depressive and hard psychologically... And with your surgeries - did they burn the endometrium off or excised it? I read a lot that after burning the disease tends to return...

• Posted

It's ok for them to say try for a baby but endormetrosis can stop you having children I'm lucky I had mine when I was young my youngest is 6, I have two but my endormetrosis didn't show until after mine, my auntie who also has endormetrosis tried for 18 years to fall pregnant she now got a little girl so if you don't really want children I wouldn't go through the stress of trying. Coz I have to have hysterectomy now I go on 30th to find out date ect I was trying for another just because I know I won't be able to after but after 1 years enough was enough I never fell on so I gave in. I was really fertile before too so shows really that's it effects us. Yes mine was burned then they put some stuff on to stop it coming but never worked. It's not the nicest of ops and I've told them I am not having a fifth operation I'd rather have hysterectomy. It's my body I know what I want more need to help me so that's what I will do. If I could afford private I would 1000% pay. Yes it's same with me dryness, cramping after and that bad that I curl up in a ball. Buts it gets that's bad that's it put me off and at 26 nearly You should have a active sex life not a none existent one. I spoke to a few ppl in here As your probs same as me get very little info on endormetrosis. have to google everything someone said counselling helped a lot too. Coz it's a illness no.one else can see don't fink ppl know how bad it really is. X

• Posted

I completely understand your choice of hysterectomy and wish you a pain free life - 26 is so young and you should be enjoying life, not suffering from this s****y pain! I will be meeting my doctor soon and hopefully we will come up with something, I'd like my pains to stop too, although, I am aware that they are not as bad as some people's. Thank you for sharing your symptoms, the lack of information, even on my gynecologist's part is depressive.

• Posted

I think doing lots of your own research and having back up at doctors appointments will help immensely. I know it did me. Good luck with it all. X
  • Posted

Good luck with everything love. I'm currently on a injection called pro strap it's putting me through the menopause temporary for 3 month. It's ment to strink the endormetrosis so we'll see how this does I've been on it two weeks now and at min I've got a lot of pregnancy symptoms I don't know if it's the injections giving me them or if I am but doctors don't know either so it's a waiting game for me. I kinda hope I am so I can have a baby before hysterectomy but with injection it can harm baby so I'm abit scared. Dno if my body is just all over with injection 🙈 My belly bloats that's bad from the endormetrosis been in my bowels that I look pregnant xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.