Endocronologists

Posted , 5 users are following.

Not all they are cracked up to be?

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

No, its not 'od' ing on NDT that causes the problems but UNDERdosing!!  Any doctor will tell you that NDT either does not work or causes all sorts of problems, it doesn't, its just that the huge majority of doctors are too ignorant to discover the facts and they are NOT like doctors in the past who saw you from the cradle to the grave they only have a vested interest in keeping the big pharmacies in money!!
    • Posted

Hi glynisrose,as I have said on this forum previously I had no idea how much NDT to take so was working my way up until I felt no symptoms.On levothyroxine I was taking 125 a day but felt awful which was why I started self medicating & was on 3.5 grains but after dropping half a grain I am now sleeping better &my symptoms have not worsened as yet so I am happy at this lower dose.However saying that I would not hesitate to up the dose again if my symptoms worsen again.What I would like to know if someone can tell me is how do you know when to stop increasing the dose.Also although I have no faith in Dr#s any more there must be a blood level reading that says how well you are .I know that most Endo's will not prescribe NDT but this last one i saw does seem to understand NDT even if she won't prescribe it.Marey the NDT is in tablet form & quite difficult to divide & it also has a short self life compared to levo.It is also much more expensive but for me there is no question of going back on levo,when I need to order more we just have a week eating from whatever is in the freezer & the housekeeping buys my NDT.There are only the two of us at home now & my hubby was the one who decided he would rather have a freezer week than live with me on levo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.