Endometrial ablation

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I had Endometrial Ablation end of March 2015. Since then I have had constant BV infections. They go after antibiotics but always come back. I wonder if this has happened to anyone else. And if anyone knew of a more permanent treatment.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

whats an endometrial ablation? I'm having a laparoscopy for possible endometriosis
    • Posted

It's a procedure which I would not recommend to anyone with Fibroids. Unless you want to gain. 201bs and go from having heavy periods to periods from hell . And to top it off constant BV infections. And have pains so bad that you can't leave the house. Then of course the Anemia which goes off the scale.

They go inside the vagina put a balloon inside and pump it up with heat to remove the lining of the womb. It's called Novasure.

It may be different for someone else but would you want to take that chance.

I hope your procedure works but if they offer you this I would aviod it.

• Posted

I had laparoscopy to diagnose endo. Nothing as horrific as the ablation sounds! 3 small cuts and filled with co2 so tools and camera have a look round and they will try and remove endo if in small quantities or stitch you back up and tell you what they need to do next if more widespread. This can be medication (or hysterectomy if not wanting chance of pregnancy.) I ended up with hysterectomy and oophorectomy as I had a frozen pelvis where womb ovaries bladder and bowel were fused but this doesn't mean the same for everyone. It's sore afterwards but nothing like you imagine. Good luck 😊
    • Posted

My hysterectomy including ovaries and cervix is on Thursday, Already feeling an extreme anxiety, Wednesday I have to do my bowel prep.

Really hope all goes well as my bowel is stuck to my uterus! 

• Posted

I really feel for you but your brain will tell you it's lots worse than it actually is. Ok it's not pain free it is sore and the first few days is worst but let them give you pain relief it's worth it (if you can of course). I had a wonderful consultant and I'm sure they all are. I had op last may and have had no pain since apart from op pain which heals up much quicker than I realised. Walking around as much as you can each day helps the blood flow and speeds recovery too. Good luck with op. Let us know how you get on 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.