Endometrial Ablation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I am having this procedure carried out on Thurs to hopefully relieve the symptoms of irregular and prolonged periods. Can anyone tell me if they have had this and did it help. Getting really nervous now as the date approaches

Ann

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Anne! I just had this procedure done 4 days and am so excited for the results. I should be on my cycle now and I only have very little spotting from the actual procedure itself. I had mild cramping (mild compared to the cramps before the ablation) the first day post op but took some pain killers and felt fine. I'm so looking forward to not having the agonizing period symptoms every month! Good luck to you!

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying. Do you mind me asking what symptoms you had before the procedure? We're your periods really painful etc

Ann

• Posted

No not at all!

I had severe cramping with heavy bleeding. I would have to change my pad within 30 min for at least 3 days. The cramps were in my abdomen, back and legs and would start 2 weeks before my period.

My original diagnosis was uterine polyps but when the hysteroscopy was done it appeared that my endometrial lining was so thick and slushy that it looked like polyps. I had a bartholins cyst marsupialization along with a d&c and ablation. Other than the pain from the incision of the cyst, I felt great. I have very little spotting, only when I wipe after going to the bathroom. I should be on my cycle now and I have absolutely no period symptoms! I hoping this remain.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Glad things are better for you now. My op has been postponed as my blood pressure is high. Probably with all the worrying I am doing. .
    • Posted

I had crazy anxiety after reading some others unpleasant or unsuccessful stories but I am remaining hopeful. I'm only 5 days post op and need to give it some time to really know the results. Based on what I've read, I'll take the risks over the agony I was experiencing before. Take care and don't worry too much. I have a few friends that have had this procedure and they are very happy with the results! Hope this helps. Best of wishes to you and good luck ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.