endometrial biopsy results

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got my biopsy results from the Lab but missed a call from the doctor.  I won't be able to speak to her until Friday now.  Does anyone know how to interpret the results.  I've been looking it up but keep getting conflicting informa

ENDOMETRIAL

BIOPSY

:

FRAGMENTS OF BENIGN ENDOCERVICAL POLYP

SCANT SUPERFICIAL FRAGMENTS OF WEAKLY PROLIFERATIVE ENDOMETRIUM, PREDOMINANTLY SURFACE EPITHELIUM.

FRAGMENTS OF BENIGN ENDOCERVICALTISSUE.

Biopsy was done because I had a day of spotting 17 months after last period.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Barb I'm obviously not a doctor, but those words don't look bad in any way.  "Weakly proliferative" and "benign"  tissue isn't indicating anything thing bad.  I'd say relax until you talk with your doctor.  

Sounds like you don't have a lot of estrogen in your body.  

• Posted

Hi

I am not a dr either I was a nurse but I did hospice so totally the other end of the spectrum it doesn’t sound bad again when you speak to your dr they can explain it much better sometimes a surge in hormones or the polyp can cause a bleed as well considering you were 17 months into menopause this whole thing just sucks doesn’t it I’m in perimenopause and I feel like a alien has taken over my body I just hang onto hope that it will get better hang in there and let us know what the dr says

• Posted

And Barb, I may have missed some of your background story, but I’ve know several women more than a year past meno who have had a random “period”.   I know we’re always told to be cautious, but it often is meaningless. Just one final hoorah. 
    • Posted

This is my second time around with this.  Not to go into the whole story but in August 2016 I was 13 months without period.  Went for ultrasound and biopsy...nothing but a hormonal surge.  Then Feb 3 of this year, I started spotting for a day...just one sticking day!....and had to have the ultrasound and biopsy again.  Then I just got these results.  I'm not really worried....haha....but just wish I didn't miss the phone call from the doctor so I know exactly whats going on. 

• Posted

Oh ok, so this is your body’s way of doing it.    My last year I was on a 6 month cycle. LOL.  That slow decent isn’t so bad.  And the good news is I bet you’re feeling pretty good because you’re still producing something. Even if it’s sporadic. 
    • Posted

Sorry if this is getting repeated but my computer is acting up.

So here I go again!  Long Story short....2 years ago after no period for 13 months, I get my period.  All tests came out negative.

6 months ago after no period for 17 months....I spotted for a day.  All tests came back negative.

2 weeks ago, all pms symptoms and boom!  I get my period.  Trying not to panic but of course there is always a voice in the back of my head that says "panic!" 

I do not want to go through all tests again!  Help!

• Posted

Basically you are looking at a result that says yes we found some things but they are harmless and I'm certain that is what your dr will say on Friday. If there was anything nasty that needed immediate treatment you would not be waiting for a callback from your dr they would be ringing and ringing you. So dont panic you'll make yourself feel worse and one last piece of advice STOP GOOGLING this can make you think that you have allsorts of things that you dont have and can aggravate anxiety issues. Hope this gives you some reassurance until you speak to your dr hun. XXX

• Posted

Spoke to Doctor and all is good!  Like you ladies said, I am still producing some estrogen.No mention of a polyp either.  Guess that's why I shouldn't try to diagnose myself.  Making an appointment to go to a psychologist today.  I have to learn how to control my health anxiety.  I am almost 59 and feel like I spent half my life worrying about things.  Those things will always be there so I need to get control of my emotions.  Hopefully it will help. 

• Posted

I’m so happy for you!!!! That’s great news now you can breathe anxiety sucks the worrying I know for myself I have to look at it and ask myself is it something I can control? If not we’ll i have to tell myself you can’t worry about it then takes practice and trust me sometimes I can work myself into a panic....keep us posted and let us know how it goes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.