Endometrial Hyperplasia Advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had an ultrasound scan in May last year which diagnosed endometrial hyperplasia with a lining of 12mm. I had a biopsy and this came back all clear and I was told I didnt have womb cancer and the cells were simple. 

I have just had another ultrasound and my womb is 13mm thick and I have been bleeding since 27 November (heavy since 1 Jan). I have been told this is just due to hormonal imbalance of the perimenopause and nothing sinister. 

My GP wants me to have the mirena coil but I am concerned about this. I want to try and go through this as naturally as possible and my thoughts are that putting progesterone into my body every day, when it doesnt normally produce it every day, and when my progesterone levels are declining naturally, is the wrong thing to do. However the coil will thin my lining. If I leave it as it is, then I could be at risk of developing womb cancer, especially if my oestrogen isnt being balanced by progesterone. 

Anyone have any thoughts or advice they could give me as I cant decide what to do for the best. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had a transvaginal scan and they said everything was ok in July lining was abit thick think it was 5 mm and me ovarys were fine aswell only had that because my monthlys were really bad heavy wasn't the word it caused my iron to drop to 2 so I end up having ferritin transfusion twice to bring it back up and everything was ok till now I came on and now I have to start all over again I could scream 😢
  • Posted

I have a very similar story that I posted earlier....

to to be brief my thickened lining was 25mm!! I had a biopsy and polyp removal yesterday. I also agreed to a Mirena Coil which was also done yesterday. 

like you ive read lots good and bad( but I think you can read good/ bad on most thing) but all the doctors I've seen along my way all rave about how good it is . I tend to believe them . 

Have it it done I honestly think it will be for the best. ❤️❤️❤️

• Posted

Hello Mandy

I sincerely hope you can reply to this. I was diagnosed with simple EH last September. I had hysteroscopy polyp removed etc. The mirena took awhile to settle & im still very anxious when I have a show of any sort, I wondered if you are the same. I've just turned 51

Hope to hear from you

x

• Posted

Hello Mandy

I sincerely hope you can reply to this. I was diagnosed with simple EH last September. I had hysteroscopy polyp removed etc. The mirena took awhile to settle & im still very anxious when I have a show of any sort, I wondered if you are the same. I've just turned 51

Hope to hear from you

x

• Posted

I too have a bulky uterus. Possibly endometriosis, possibly adenomyosis, I'm too scared to have a lap done so I don't know for sure. However I had the mirena and I bled every two weeks, had awful side effects so I had it removed. I can't say it will be the same for you as each of us are different. My thoughts are I'm sensitive to progesterone as the mini pill and the depo (only ingredient progesterone) all make me bleed constantly or at least every two weeks. Good luck I hope you feel better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.