Endometrial thickness

Posted , 5 users are following.

had a uterine biopsy and everything came back fine. Endometrial thickness was 17 mm. My doctor said that since everything is benign just leave well enough alone. I’m fine with that but a little concerned about the endometrial thickness. How do you make endometrial thickness decrease?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Not sure-- does it go down in size after menopause hits... Sometimes maybe a cream could help-- call the Dr tomorrow to make sure. Think I'm in the same boat. Had the ultrasound-- ovaries are ok but thickness is 21mm-- and could also be a polyp too-.. She wasn't sure so I have to do more testing in a couple weeks and then a D&C afterwards which does NOT sound like fun. UGH why me? But yes, it's just good to make sure and have peace of mind that 'things' are good.

• Posted

Hello, i know what you are going through. Two years ago, i had 2 months of heavy bleeding, passing 20 clots a day & then a blood transfusion. lining was 20 mm. My anxiety was through the roof. Biopsy was normal. Tried progesterone cream...didn't work. My gynecologist put me on three months of high dosage progesterone to stop the bleeding. It worked & lining returned to normal. then I started on a progesterone only pill for 7 months. Then last September, heavy bleeding started again! Back to the gynecologist, who gave me the option of an ablation or Mirena. Again another biopsy....normal. I choses the MIRENA & have had two very light periods since las November. It worked for me but is not for everyone.

• Posted

Did you gain weight with the progesterone?? I want to be prepared if she gives me something or at least know my options..

• Posted

I did not. I was on Megestrol which in very high doses is an appetite stimulant. My dose was only 75 mg per day...I think. I was on it for 3 months & then the pill. Megestrol was a life saver for me because of the heavy blood loss. i was anemic and was out out breath just walking up the stairs. I just wanted the bleeding & clotting to stop. I had an option of an ablation but given my history of heavy bleeding, I didn't think it was the best option for me.

• Posted

What kind of progesterone cream? Can you buy over the counter

• Posted

I ordered mine online. I live in Canada where it is not available over the counter or at least where i live.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.