Endometrioma agony

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi, so 8 weeks ago I started experiencing a weird pain in the top of my left leg, from the side of my pubic bone and down the inside of my thigh. after 2 weeks it hasn't gone do I went to my gp who said it was a groin strain. a week later I started feeling really unwell, the bottom of my back and all my stomach started hurting like a pulled muscle all over, I went really weak and I went to a&e as my heart was beating really fast and I just didn't feel well. They did a few tests on me and said i was fine apart from some blood in my urine and said to repeat the test in a weeks time at my gp. I waited a week to redo the test and in the mean time I rang my gp a couple of times as I was in absolute agony and felt like crap still, they kept fobbing me off with painkillers saying there was nothing wrong. I went back to my gp do redo the urine sample and there was still trace amount of blood in my urine so they ordered me a abdo and pelvic ultrasound and arranged for me to have a blood test the following week. I booked myself in for a private pelvic ultrasound as I thought I'd be waiting ages for the nhs and they scanned my pelvic organs and said nothing was wrong apart from some small amount of fluid in my pod, they also scanned my kidneys and said they appeared normal. the hospital rang me later that day and said they could get me in for my ultrasound with them 3 days later! so I went and they did a much thorough scan and used transvaginal for the pelvis. the tech wouldn't discuss anything with me but told me my gp would have the results within the next 2 weeks! 3 hours later I had a phone call from my gp who said that 3 things had been found on my scan, there were problems with my kidney, gallbladder and ovary and I was to go in later that afternoon for a blood test and go back in the morning for an appointment to discuss the findings. 8.30 the next morning i went to my gp and they said there were cysts on my ovaries, a polyp on my gallbladder and a tumour on my kidneys. my blood work had all come back fine and my ca125 level was either 12 or 15 I can't remember but my liver enzymes were slightly high. I was to be scanned on my ovaries in 6-12 weeks time, my gallbladder to be rescanned in 1 years time and I was to be reffered to urology under the 2ww scheme! I had my telephone consultation with the urology consultant 2 weeks later and he said it was in fact a benign angiomyolipma but needed to keep an eye on it incase it started growing, it wasn't cancer though phew! a week later all the pain is still here and its not also at the top of my back right inbetween my shoulders like a crushing pain, it still in my lower back and sides and the left side of my pelvis going into my left hip, pulled muscle feeling all over my stomach and pain down my left leg sometimes going into my right leg. I rang my gp back last Monday and told him all my pains are still here and no painkillers are working well, he looked back on my notes and told me that he was referring me to gynecology as the cysts that were found were endometriomas and he said they can cause pain. he never said how many there were or how big they were, I was afraid to ask.

so after all that (sorry for the long build up), my questions are, has anyone got experience with endometriomas? this pains been here over 8 weeks now is this normal? how long does it take to get an appointment on the nhs after referral?

I have 2 young children and this pain is taking over my life i cant leave the house, I haven't been able to take my kids anywhere, my partner has took a whole month off work to help me out but he needs to go back soon. I was suicidal when I thought I had kidney cancer and I know my ca125 came back low but I can't help but think I have cancer somewhere as my whole body feels inflamed, my spine even tingles when I turn my head it's awful. if you read my whole post then thank you very much!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.