Endometriosis???

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, this is the first time I’ve written on a forum but needed some advice if anyone has been through the same thing.

I came off the pill 2 years ago as I was having some problems, ever since then so many different symptoms have started.

I have had the most painful period pains but only for 2 days or so throughout my period, pain and bleeding during/after intercourse, get random shooting pains through my pelvis and lower tummy that take my breath away as well as pain when going to be toilet when I’m on my period.

In the last year I’ve had cells cauterised on my cervix as the gynae thought the bleeding was caused by this but the symptoms have persisted. I’ve been back today to see the doctor and because the pain wasn’t unbearable when he did the pelvic exam he said the pain I’m explaining doesn’t tally up (in essence I’m making it up).  

I’m pretty much 99% sure that I have endometriosis but I’ve left feeling completely deflated as it is affecting my personal life and don’t know how to persist with it? Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.