Endometriosis and conceiving

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI

I've had endometriosis and had a cyst removed last year I was told my tubes aint blocked but I've read it can come back and all

sorts im 37 and worried about being able

to have a baby so far not managed to get pregnant and not sure if this is due to not trying enough does anyone have advice ? or been able to have a baby ok? my periods also much heavier since had the op

thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Natalie

Endo isn't the same in everyone. I know a woman who had all 3 of her kids later, when she was 35 - 45 y.o. Then there are women who are infertile by 24. Likewise, it keeps coming back in some women but not in others. Some day we'll have explanations for these differences; I think that's 20-50 years in the future.

If you can afford to go to a fertility doctor, that's who can tell you whether you have a problem. If you can't afford that, just read up from a reputable source about natural conception. It will tell you when in your cycle to have sex to be most likely to conceive.

With or without endo, there are no guarantees about conception.

• Posted

hi there

thank you for your reply that - your right everyone is different with ENDO I have no symptoms at all only that my periods became lighter and shorter in length which prompted me

to go doctors and that when I was told I had never head of Endo before that so reading up on it does really scare me with being infertile

• Posted

Fear is a powerful thing. It is not required of you that you read up about endo. Very often the writing about any disease is just like the news: only the worst, most sensational cases get written up.

Just read about the positive steps you can take for conception, one of which is that trying top frequently is a bad thing, lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.