Endometriosis depression/anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI, im a 20yr old female who underwent a diagnostic laparoscopy, exploratory laparotomy, left salpingectomy(removal of fallopian tube) lysis of adhesions(removal of scar tissue) for STAGE 4 endometriosis In june of this year. my doctor started me on depo-provera which i only got one shot. everything was fine as far as my period. But now since i stopped taking the birth control, i fee like my symptoms are coming back. is really stressful and im afraid that if i have to have surgery again i may have to my other fallopian tube removed. Its causing me alot of anxiety, and the pain i used to have is started to show again. any advice?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

please go back to your gynae doc...it does sound like it's endometriosis..I had stage 4..it was also in my bowel..had total abdominal hystorectomy and a double bowel resection when I was 36..I had suffered for years..had 2 laparotomomies 13 laparoscopy numerous drugs including 18months of zoladex.. back then were massive pellets injected into stomach. I am now 53 and it has come back attached to my bowel just had another 6 mths of prostap./zolodex..and Due to see gynae in 5 weeks. I'm afraid to say if it's stage 4 they may suggest a hystorectomy which at your age iscawgul. I couldn't have kids because of it.was on ivf waiting list.. but couldn't cope anymore. so sorry you are going thru this so young. postal is usually a 6 mth course don't know why you only had 1? please go back to your doc.

• Posted

yeah. and the fact that im soo young is what really stresses me out. Ive thought about just having a hysterectomy, because i dont want to deal with any of this anymore. My doctor told me it would come back i just didnt know this soon. ill be making an appointment.

• Posted

i know it's not what you want to do at your age..I had 15 years pain free no periods..so on that score was the best thing I ever did. I had no quality of life..I was in so much pain and periods and ovulation were horrific..I had had enough..it sounds like you will get to that point yourself. I had holidays and nights out ruined as i was in pain or drugged to the eyeballs..the prostap injections may prolong it for a bit..you need to have at least 6. it may buy you some time..but it looks like a hystorectomy is your only long term solution. but bear in mind it never fully goes away and can come back even after a hystorectomy..good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.