Endometriosis Diagnosis Struggle and coming to terms with it

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 19 with a 7month old baby and struggling with getting doctors to pay attention to me and not just send me out of the hospital again and again. I think they assume I'm just a young drug seeking girl but I don't even want their drugs I want tests and answers.

I have always had extremely painful and irregular periods from when they started at 12 so I was quickly put on birth control but struggled finding a pill that didn't make me bleed for 3 months straight. Two years ago I started to have pain during and after sex. Then out of nowhere I started getting pain when I wasn't even on my period. Waves of it making me debilitated. Progressively getting worse and staying longer. I haven't been able to hold a job. Get my license. Enjoy life. I used to be incredibly active and played all kinds of sports, now I'm lucky if I can go for a walk during the day. Not to mention I've lost tons of weight because I'm nauseous/vomiting 24/7. When I got pregnant I went to the hospital and they did a laparoscopy because they were afraid of an ectopic pregnancy (it wasnt). But now after 20 plus times of ER visits and being shoed out the door with little to no help at all and me doing my own research and asking them questions about Endo they tell me its possible they missed diagnosing Endo during the laparoscopy and might do another. 

I'm in constant pain and practically raising my baby alone because my fiance is at work all the time. I have almost no help and I'm losing hope things will get better.

Anyone who has been diagnosed and tried something that helps take the pain away and you have somewhat of a normal life please let me know what you do

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.