Endometriosis in the lungs

Posted , 2 users are following.

there was a thread from 16 years ago about endrometriosis in the lung. Is there anyone else going through this.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi sophie15062!

Hope you are still reading the thread. I guess I have endometriosis in the lungs.

I am 29 y.o., woman. For the last 5 months I had 3 catamenial pneumothoraxes, although I have never experienced any endometriosis symptoms. I recently had one VATS surgery (pleural abrasion, no signs of endometriosis even with histochemistry, no fenestrations in the diaphragm, a couple of small bubbles found). But the surgery didn't help as pneumothorax appeared again with the next menstruation. Now I am waiting for Endotest (saliva test) result and also I am going to make the MRI of the pelvic organs.

Doctors want (and don't want at the same time) to do one more surgery: pleurodesis with talc. And also I guess that my gynecologist will prescribe we hormone therapy, which I am really afraid of because of its awful side effects and because I had thrombosis + lung embolism in the past when I took combined oral contraception.

How are you now?.. Hope you are fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.