Endometriosis & laparoscopy

Posted , 8 users are following.

I recently saw. Gynaecologist who said that I could have possible endometriosis. I have a small cyst and one of my tubes is slightly swollen with fluid. She advises that I have a laparoscopy as it's the only way to know for sure. I have suffered a while now with pelvic pain, back ache, stomachache, and more on than off shortness if breath with chest. Pain sad i am also being treated for IBS as I know that the symptoms can b similar although endometriosis can be connected to IBS. 

I am really nervous about having the procedure done and was wondering whether there is anyone who can put my mind at ease and how long re recovery process is? 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I had a Laparoscopy 3 weeks ago. They found endometriosis & scraped that away. Removed 2 cysts & then found that my bowel was attached to something & had to detach it So a lot more then originally planned. I went back to work today after 3 weeks & I am physically exhausted and feel I've done to much. I'm still getting pain.

Does anyone think it was to early to go back to work?

• Posted

Attached to my abdominal wall** not something lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.