Endometriosis Laperoscopy need some feedback regarding few symptoms please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello ladies, I had a successful Diagnostic Laperoscopy for suspected Endometriosis under general anesthesia in a general hospital and it was done in a little over one hour, I remained in recovery care for 4 hours due to pain and low blood pressure procedure was done yesterday (29th) fortunately doctor was able to treat all the areas/spots that contained Endometriosis growth/adhesions, she made 4 incisions and said that the procedure was smooth and successful. I've been home for roughly 22 hours now. I had a catheter so I'm left with a moderate burning and discomfort which seems to slowly be wearing off in my urethra it's naturally very narrow but thankfully I am able to urinate regardless of the Burning and the discomfort which I was told to expect. I managed to drink mint tea, water, juice and a light meal yesterday though I didn't have much of an appetite and I haven't eaten today either I just don't feel like it at all did this happen to any of you ladies? I am consistent with the pain and anti-inflammatory meds that I have prescribed for me due to the amount of pain I am in. So far I'm in bed laying on my back either resting or sleeping I feel incredibly exhausted. I have a follow up in 4 weeks or so with my doctor and I have her cell number as well which is comforting. Now I just want to know am I the only one who couldn't sit the first day of the surgery? If I force myself to sit I.e when I go to the bathroom I'm in so much pain and it kinda got worse after I got home probably due to the wearing off of the anesthesia. All I know for sure is sitting andthe mere attempt of laying on my sides results in lots of pain and the only comforting and least painful positionis to lay back down on my back with my head slightly elevated and my feet as well. My abdominal area feels awfully sore and..... Stiff >_< . ..was told to expect this just didn't know i'll be this painful rolleyes

did any of you experience these symptoms? do they go away soon? any feedback is greatly appreciated and thank you very much in advance

ps. i'm 23 years old, this was my first laperoscopy and other than the endometriosis which luckily got removed/completely treated everything else is healthy and in tip-top shape. .="" ..was="" told="" to="" expect="" this="" just="" didn't="" know="" i'll="" be="" this="" painful="" rolleyes="" did="" any="" of="" you="" experience="" these="" symptoms?="" do="" they="" go="" away="" soon?="" any="" feedback="" is="" greatly="" appreciated="" and="" thank="" you="" very="" much="" in="" advance="" ps.="" i'm="" 23="" years="" old,="" this="" was="" my="" first="" laperoscopy="" and="" other="" than="" the="" endometriosis="" which="" luckily="" got="" removed/completely="" treated="" everything="" else="" is="" healthy="" and="" in="" tip-top="" shape.="">

did any of you experience these symptoms? do they go away soon? any feedback is greatly appreciated and thank you very much in advance

ps. i'm 23 years old, this was my first laperoscopy and other than the endometriosis which luckily got removed/completely treated everything else is healthy and in tip-top shape. >

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have also had the laparoscopic surgery and it was painful the first few days after the anesthesia wore off. I had a lot of air in my lower pelvis area and it was painful to move. I had to wait until I passed the "air" or "gas" in order for the discomfort while lying down to stop. I hope this helps!
  • Posted

Yes i have experienced everything you are drescribing. Try not to over do things take it easy and keep topped up on painkillers. I have had 9 laproscopies now so i am kind of use to it. Everyone heals differently. Even though your incisions are small you have still had surgery and you body needs time to heal. Keep an eye on your symptoms if they get to the point where the pain is unbearable you need to see a doctor. Glad it was successful. Unfortunately for me every time they have removed it but it has come back hopefully this wonr be the case for you. I have had to much surgery and because i am only 29 and had 9 laproscopies in 10 years i have adhensions from all the surgery which cause problems. Hope you have a speedy recovery
    • Posted

Thanks I also spoke with my doctor she says it's all normal as well but Oh god nine laperoscopies?!! That's a lot and you're only 29 how often do you have have to go for a laperoscopy so you get the endo removed? Did none of the treatments help you I mean is there any treatment that actually targets and effectively treats endo??! doctor says she highly recommends contraceptives and I'm scared of those because they only made my symptoms worse >_< what did you try so far? what has best worked for you? do you think stopping endo is like trying to stop the inevitable? rolleyes what="" did="" you="" try="" so="" far?="" what="" has="" best="" worked="" for="" you?="" do="" you="" think="" stopping="" endo="" is="" like="" trying="" to="" stop="" the="" inevitable?="">>
    • Posted

Hi unfortunately i have it removed then it develops again. My consultant told me to take my contraceptive pill back to back for 6 months without any breaks which does help with the pain slightly i think i have got used to it now i was first diagnoised with it 10 years ago so surgery seems normal now as silly as that sounds. I have also had 6 months of zoladex injections which put you through the menoapause once u have the last injection it reverses. Until you go through the menopause properly unfortunately it can grow back. My consultant is taking of giving me an hysterectomy now but in order for it to stop he will have to take my ovaries because that is where endrometriosis stems from. I dont suffer as severly as i did the 1st couple of years i think ive just learnt to deal with it better where as at the beginning i would be so ill i couldnt get out of bed and i have collapsed with the pain.
    • Posted

Aww I'm so sorry to hear that hope you'll find something that works and all this pain will end! I have few questions for you I hope you don't mind answering please

How often did you have to get a laperoscopy?

What stage of endometriosis do you have?

When your endo grows back does it always grow back in the same severity?

Do you get a laperoscopy because of the severity of the pain or to avoid further complications endo can cause or both?

When you had the surgery for the first couple of times and you took a shower did your incisions hurt? Mine do today I took a shower it's been five days after surgery rolleyes

Out of all the treatments that you've been thru which one do you think is most effective?

Did you have to change treatments because your endo kept growing back? Did you try contraceptives? If yes how did your endo grow back since contraceptives are supposed to stop the menstrual cycle hence stopping endometriosis growth..... Right?

When you go for surgery do they use same place for previous incisions or new spots?

How often did you have to get a laperoscopy?

I apologize for the lengthy msg crammed with questions but I find myself very overwhelmed with the surgery and the suggested contraceptives by my doctor as a treatment because they've been nothing but a living hell for me and quite frankly I'm so scared of being on them AGAIN after I swore time and again that I will NOT take them ever

And the though of having to redo this procedure one or two or more times frightens me too..... can you relate?

• Posted

You can ask me as many questions as you like i dont mind honestly.

My consultant has roughly done 1 laproscopy every 12 months.

At my hospital they dont grade endo in stages. endo can stick anywhere and to anything unfortunately for me i have had in grow in various places. I have a large amount of endo the size of an orange hidden behind my vagina wall which they missed of the 1st and 2nd laproscopy.

The 3rd laproscopy when i came round from the surgery i didnt feel well at all i was losing alot of blood and in agony crying with the pain which made me panic because the 1st and 2nd surgery i was a little sore but nothing like this and they kept me in hospital a couple of days which had never happened before. When the doctor came to see me thats when they told me they had found the hidden endo behind my vagina wall and that there was more deep down but couldnt remove it all so i put me feeling so ill down to that. From being released from hospital to 8 weeks later i was really ill i thought surely it hasnt grown back so quickly so i decided to go to my doctors to which i was told i was 22 weeks pregnant i was so shocked not only because i had surgery which would have meant i was 3 months pregnant when i operated but also because i was told i wouldnt be able to conceive a child. But then panic set in because i was told i was to far pregnant to have tests done to see if anything was wrong with my baby. I asked for an appointment with the doctor who did the surgery but i was the last person he operated on before he retired so i couldnt ask him how the hell he missed seeing my baby or that i was pregnant. So i found out i was 22 weeks pregnant and he was born premature at 33 weeks weighing 5lb.

I have always suffered with severe pain from the endo and very heavy bleeding with large clots i think now i have got used to it so i can deal with it a little better.

I get the laproscopies after i have tried alternatives. I have had 6 months of prostap injections in my arm which helped a little but i bled will on them which isnt meant to happen.

I have had zoladex injections 6 months worth in my stomach which worked better than the other injections but once i had the last one the pain and bleeding came back severe.

I have taken my pill back to back to stop my periods for a 3 months, then tried it 6 months back to back and then 12 months back to back. The 12 months way helped more than the others.

I have been given 30/500 co-codamol, 50mg tramdol, tried hot water bottles, hot baths. They say acupunture can help but not tried that. Metranamic acid.

Yes my incision sites are sore when i shower after surgery some have been more sore than others i think it all depends on how tight the have been stitched the main thing is to keep them clean and everyone is different when it comes to healing.

I would say out of all the treatments surgery works the best but hasnt lasted that long for me before i start suffering again also the zoladex injections worked well to but taking the pill back to back for 12 months at a time helped because it stopped my periods all together. Yes your right tsking the contraceptibes back to back does stop the endo producing but once my consultant said now you have done 12 months of taking it go back to normal periods it came back again.

Everytime i have had the laproscopy done they have always used the same incison sites because if they make fresh incisions it creates even more adhensions which can cause even more pain and problems.

Sorry for the lengthy response. I think which the contraceptives its about finding the right one for you. I had tried 3 contraceptives before i got put on the one im on now. I have an appointment which my gynaecologist consultant this friday 7th august so any new information i receive i will let you know incase it is any help to you. Please keep me posted on your progess and any further questions you have please feel free to message i will be happy to help you any way i can

• Posted

Sorry there are a couple of spelling mistakes ive got a new phone just getting used to it. Apologies for the errors.
    • Posted

Aww no need to apologize at all you're too kind thank you so much for the detailed answer and your willingness to help I really appreciate it <3 my dear i hope all this suffering will come to an end for you very soon! you've been through too much!!

all this info was very helpful and i wish you lots of luck with your next appointment & yes please let me know how it goes mine follow up is on the 1st of september so it'll be awhile and we'll discuss my treatment option and she'll answer any questions i have which i do

hun did any of your procedures bruise at all? one of mine is bruised not swollen and i'm wondering if it's normal even though i followed doctors instructions and everything

not to sound coy or anything but why don't you give acupuncture and homeopathic remedies a try i will be going back to them too they don't have side effects like surgery and hormone therapy at least maybe you'll find something that will help ease your pain

my="" dear="" i="" hope="" all="" this="" suffering="" will="" come="" to="" an="" end="" for="" you="" very="" soon!="" you've="" been="" through="" too="" much!!="" all="" this="" info="" was="" very="" helpful="" and="" i="" wish="" you="" lots="" of="" luck="" with="" your="" next="" appointment="" &="" yes="" please="" let="" me="" know="" how="" it="" goes="" mine="" follow="" up="" is="" on="" the="" 1st="" of="" september="" so="" it'll="" be="" awhile="" and="" we'll="" discuss="" my="" treatment="" option="" and="" she'll="" answer="" any="" questions="" i="" have="" which="" i="" do="" hun="" did="" any="" of="" your="" procedures="" bruise="" at="" all?="" one="" of="" mine="" is="" bruised="" not="" swollen="" and="" i'm="" wondering="" if="" it's="" normal="" even="" though="" i="" followed="" doctors="" instructions="" and="" everything="" not="" to="" sound="" coy="" or="" anything="" but="" why="" don't="" you="" give="" acupuncture="" and="" homeopathic="" remedies="" a="" try="" i="" will="" be="" going="" back="" to="" them="" too="" they="" don't="" have="" side="" effects="" like="" surgery="" and="" hormone="" therapy="" at="" least="" maybe="" you'll="" find="" something="" that="" will="" help="" ease="" your="" pain="">

all this info was very helpful and i wish you lots of luck with your next appointment & yes please let me know how it goes mine follow up is on the 1st of september so it'll be awhile and we'll discuss my treatment option and she'll answer any questions i have which i do

hun did any of your procedures bruise at all? one of mine is bruised not swollen and i'm wondering if it's normal even though i followed doctors instructions and everything

not to sound coy or anything but why don't you give acupuncture and homeopathic remedies a try i will be going back to them too they don't have side effects like surgery and hormone therapy at least maybe you'll find something that will help ease your pain

>

• Posted

I am thinking about giving them a try as you dont know unless you give it ago.

Yes i have bruised everytime. I was the same as you no swelling just bruising.

I hope you get some answers from your appointment and wish you the best of luck.

Take care of yourself and i will keep you updated

• Posted

Great let me know what you try and how things are going @):-

One question please, did you experience pelvic and back pain after the surgery? It's been 7 days to be exact since I had the procedure and pain started creeping in yesterday but progressed today and Tylenol doesn't do anything I'd hate to have to be forced into taking strong pain meds already!! >_< can you relate at all? if so any advice? like did you tell your doctor and if so what explanation did she offer?

thanks in advance can="" you="" relate="" at="" all?="" if="" so="" any="" advice?="" like="" did="" you="" tell="" your="" doctor="" and="" if="" so="" what="" explanation="" did="" she="" offer?="" thanks="" in="" advance="">

thanks in advance >

• Posted

Hi

Yes i did get slight pelvic pain and back pain i was told to keep on top of my painkillers take them every 4-6 hours even if it didnt seem to bad. Also i was told to use a hot water bottle.

My consultant told me that it is normal to feel slight discomfort and pain after the operation and that it will take time for my body to heal and that everybody heals differently and different speeds.

You know your own body and know when something is not quite right. If it doesnt start getting any better over the next couple of days i would definately go and see you doctor and describe what you are experiencing it is better to be safe than sorry.

I really hope you start feeling better soon take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.