Endometriosis making me have secondary infertility!?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all! Just a little back story. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2007, after I had LP and Depo Lupron shots I conceived without any effort and had my daughter in 2012, then another daughter in 2014, and a son 2016. All, zero issues first try they were there, maybe luck? Here it is almost a year and I cannot conceive! My husband really would like another child and I can't say I disagree lol. I have seen countless obgyns and have been told I'm normal and I'm just missing my window, impossible. So I have scheduled an appointment with Shady Grove and I'm curious has anyone gone through this before!? What were your treatment options. A part of me says count my blessings and don't bother trying anymore it's not meant to be. But I just feel our family isn't quite complete yet and would love another! Any advice would be great ??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

A lot of women w/endo struggle toconceive & complete one oregnancies, including spending a fortune on infertility drugs.  Others don't have as much trouble.

Much depends on your age, which you didn't mention.  But I have a real life endo friend who had her3d child at about 39.  It's unpredictable.  I was like you:  uber-fertile until suddenly I wasn't.

This is only meant kindly in case worse comes to worst:  you can always adopt.  I come from a family of 7 kids, so I understand wanting 4!

I hope all goes well for you.

• Posted

Yes we've thought about adoption and that's an option for us! But I'd really like another of our very own. I miss going through pregnancy as crazy as that sounds lol. But I'm only 25.  

• Posted

I know there are women who enjoy the whole process.

It's too early to know, so just keep enjoying the practice, lol.  I was infertile by 25 but others are still getting pregnant late in their 30s.  As I know you know, worry is an enemy of conception.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.