Endometriosis... Need help...!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I'm 26 years old, married since 1.5 years. I have endometriotic cyst. Trying to get pregnant. Last month I had a severe pain in my left lower abdomen, and I consulted my gynecologist. Then I was under gone an ultrasound scanning. The result was 

"3.4 CMS isoechoic changes in the left ovary? endometriotic & bilateral adnexa appears mildly adherent to the uterus."

Then my doctor tested my CA-125 value. It measured 146.

Then I was undergone an MRI scan, and the result was same.

My gynecologist, who is also a laparoscopic surgeon, suggested that we can try a 3 months course of medication. 

Then I consulted another doctor for a second opinion, he was a laparoscopic surgeon, and he told me that surgery is needed. 

Finally I have decided to try the medicine. But at the same time, I'm really nervous about my future.

Is it a serious problem? Will the medicines affect my fertility? 

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

The medication no but the cyst may. You are better off having it removed, the sooner the better. 
  • Posted

So they think its an Endometrioma.

Your CA125 is quite raised, but endometriosis can cause this.

I would try medical management before surgery.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Ben. I'll try medical management.

• Posted

Hi Jani

The 2 replies echo the docs, and I think that's just how it's going to be. If the docs will respond you could try asking each why they recommend one over the other, passing the questions to them thru their nurses. But it may come down to this: go with your gut, which is to try the medicine.

I am very sorry to say that the only absolute about endo is that it sucks.

• Posted

Doctor told me that, since it is a recurring disease, she thinks to avoid surgery as much as possible, and manage it by medicine.
  • Posted

If you don't mind me asking ...how long have you been trying to get pregnant? I was told I had endo aged 34 and panicked thinking I might not be able to get pregnant. I was diagnosed in th Philippines and literally told you have endo....go home and look it up but if you want to have kids try sooner rather than later!! So the medical terms mean nothing to me but we tried for a baby and we were so lucky to get pregnant immediately....9 months later the doctors removed the 5cm cyst during my c section.  If you can manage the pain and explore getting pregnant maybe you'll be lucky too....Fingers crossed for you x

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. 

Some people told me that these chocolate cysts have a tendency to stick on the walls of organs, so that the organs will be stuck together,  that's why i got worried. I have been trying to get pregnant for only a few months..

• Posted

Hi all.... I had already told you about my endometriotic cyst. But to my surprise, I didn't had any pain during this period. I don't know what is the reason.

But still my doctor says to start the medicine... For a 3 months course.. confused.....😕😕😕

• Posted

Jani, it's going to remain confusing. Nothing is going to change that. It's been quite a while for me but i think that some periods were less painful than others, even toward the end. Sometimes we experience less pain simply because we finally know what's going on. My very last period, the one between my lap and my total hysterectomy, was symptom-free -- so much so that my gyno said later that she had thought she'd open me up to find me spontaneously cured instead of the much, much worsened endo she found.

It's a confusing disease. If medicine is the route you've chosen, get started on it.

• Posted

Hi friends,

I started my hormone treatment on 27/11/2017. I am taking a tablet containing Drospirenone and Ethinylestradiol as active ingredients. My LMP was on 23/11/2017. About 8 days I had severe pain and took 2 pain killers per day. Then 4 days i had less pain and took 1 pain killer per day, that is in the night only. From yesterday, I'm completely alright and stopped pain killers. I'm having the hormone tablet in the night.

Hm.... Hoping for the best result.

• Posted

For the last 3 months, I am taking Yasmin tablet. The pain has been reduced, but not completely removed. Doctors says that the ultimate solution for endo is pregnancy. It can do wonders on you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.