Endometriosis please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am having a nightmare this year. Had major surgery in June to remove a cyst and my right ovary. Since then an endocrinologist is questioning whether I actually have pcos as diagnosed 10 years ago as my blood tests don't meet the criteria. I am having them redone. My periods so far since the operation. Have been normal but extremely painful agnony in fact. I started severe pains had a laporoscary 9 days ago and a adhesion was found. But I am still in alot of pain. I have been questioning whether I have endometriosis as I meet the symptons but nothing was brought up at the operation, would this mean I definitely don't have it? I am a mess with confusion? Anyone willing to share their experiences of being diagnosed with endmostis with me?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi did they not tell you if they found endo when they did the laparoscopy? This is the only way to tell for sure... heavy periods ovulation pain lower and I and back pain...could be symptoms. I'm currently having zoladex injections 6mths of them as it's come back attached to my bowel 16 years after a total hystorectomy so anything is possible with this desease ask the hospital you had your laparoscopy..ring gynae secretary ask if any mention of endo in your notes?

• Posted

Ask your docs/surgeons directly about all this and ask to see the records and notes. This should include a pathologist's report on things removed. Reports might not be ready yet on the lap. If you're in the UK, I do not know what your rights are regarding medical documents, but those reports have to say exactly what was found; some docs don't think they're obliged to share those findings. There will definitely be path reports on that ovary & cyst cells.

Are you seeing an endocrinologist for fertility treatments?

I hate to mention this but there's one woman on here who had 3 laps before they found the endo.

• Posted

Nothing was removed on the surgery, an ahesion was located and seperated but I am still struggling. As long as I still have the pain and symptoms I am going to keep fighting on.
    • Posted

"I am having a nightmare this year. Had major surgery in June to remove a cyst and my right ovary. " That's your first sentence, original post, dear, so I guess you are a bot or something. Since you clearly don't know what you're saying or what's been done to you, I'm going to report you as a sham. First time for one of those in the endo forum tho they're common over in all the lung forums.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.