Endometriosis post op plans

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently had a benign form of endometriosis removed with part of my bladder, that was growing between my bladder and cervix.

Prior to this we were trying for a family. I would really like to continue trying for a family in a few months. But I'm nervous that it'll come back in the meantime as I'm not taking anything to reduce the risk of it returning. I think it'll take a while to get pregnant. When I came off the pill, the first time, it only took 3 months for endometriosis to start causing issues. It became unbearable over just a year.

Do I go back on the pill? But take it badly in hope I'll fall pregnant, have the coil fitted, but this won't get my pregnant, or just go for it no contraception and risk getting it back whilst trying to get pregnant.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I do feel for you. What I will tell you is that being pregnant reduces symptoms loads. Or it did for me. Depending on how you can cope it's probably best to come off everything whilst trying and hope that it doesn't take too long. Are your ovaries affected by endo or do you gave blockages too?
    • Posted

It was just in the form of a lump between bladder and cervix that got bigger and bigger. The surgeon said that was all of it. He couldn't see anymore. So hopefully it hasn't effected my ovaries.

Thanks

Kate

• Posted

my consultant told me that pregnancy can help. he said to me i think you should try for a baby because when your pregnant you dont have periods therefore your ovaries go to sleep so the endrometriosis cant grow. hope this helps a little

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.