Endometrosis ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I have severe period pain and pain during and after intercourse. My gyn did an ultrasound and suspected I had endometriosis (no cysts or anything abnormal were found), he told me to take birth control back to back for three months and see if this improves the pain first but it hasn’t at all and I’m just breakthrough bleeding. 

I am unsure as to whether to undergo a lap due to the fact that if the results come back that nothing was found I’d be taking time of work for no reason or incase things get aggravated more and worsens symptoms. 

Any advice?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elle

The lap is the only way to know for sure if you have endo. If you're young & schedule it a day or two ahead of your weekend, you probably won't miss any more work. This is a procedure, not some major surgery, and the 2 incisions are quite small. Ultimately you will need to know what causes your problem so might as well get the procedure done.

Hope all goes well.

• Posted

Thank you, I work in a swimming pool so I would think I’d need time off due to risk of infection but I shall discuss with my gyno. You make a good point that I will need to know either way so thank you. 
    • Posted

Oh yes, return to work will be different for you. I wish you all the best.

• Posted

I was on birth control for 2 months..I tried 2 different kinds. It made me SOOOOO SICK. But I have endometriomA... Stage 4. I have cysts on my overies.. I just want them taken out.. I'm just gonna have surgery done and fix it all at once. Why MASK the pain? Gimme a lap.

• Posted

Oh bless you, since I’ve had my break from the pill for my period I’ve had the worst migraines and feeling sick sad yes, doesn’t make sense when you have cysts sad 
  • Posted

UPDATE: rolleyes They just found a Polyp in my uterus, 6cm! Yup.. No pills! Surgery's the way to go! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.