Endoscope after effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

i had an endoscope three days ago with an oesphagul dye although I had sedation I don't think it worked very well I could feel the scope and I gagged a few times and vomited twice. I have had a bad throat since and odd pains in my chest through to my back and eating solid food hurts when going down does anyone know if this is normal and could the dye have caused inflammation and maybe it's why I,m getting these pains . Can anyone help me please .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had a PH-Metrie to measure acid reflux (swallowed endo and left in for 24 hours) + a manometrie last month to test my actual swallowing process...Both were just awful although I was under sedation - I woke up twice during the tests and was in a state of panic. I also got terrible reflux the next day from the irritation in my esophagus and throat and it took weeks for it to get better.

Chin up and hopefully you will get to feeling better soon. You are in my prayers!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply I do think all the pain I,m getting is due to irritation . I,ve had two endoscopes before and didn't have a problem but this time itwas awful I felt everything and all the gagging has probably really irritated everything.  Did you have a sore throat and painful swallowing and how long was it before things improved.

• Posted

Hi Joyce, I had a camara down, and went for light sedation, wide awake the whole time, my reason was?  Because they've kept me on Diazepam for over 20years! And the light sedation is Diazepam based, I never suffered any effects afterwards, maybe its the stomach acid reflux burning your esophagus, my chest, back, throat, mouth all suffer,! Not as much as some people who post on the subject. My problem is a double edged sword, acute Anxiety and stress due to childhood abuse, so mentally the boggy man still comes at night, so I have a few beer's! Not good to go to bed on. If you're esophagus is inflamed? You will get pains in your upper body. 

• Posted

thanks for your reply I was getting a terrible pain in my back between my shoulder blades but it hasn't been as bad today . I to am suffering a lot of anxiety and I know that it has a bad effect on your digestive system it would be great if we could switch our thoughts off for a while and yes the middle of the night is the worse time  hope you feel better soon take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.