Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel release

Posted , 2 users are following.

I hope someone can answer my question. I had Endoscopic CTR procedure last week. My hand is very bruised and my thumb and index finger are completely numb. My fingers are appear to be swollen and it is still sore. The numbing is way worse then before I had the procedure. The doctor stated that it was not normal to be worse. He said It should be better because he did not cut a nerve, but let's give it time to see what happens. My question is ....does the numbness go away and how long does it take  before it starts going away? What are normal expectations? Should I be worried? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Definitely takes time. How long did you have carpal tunnel before the surgery? I've two procedures on my right hand from two different docs. It's been two years since the first one and although a bit better still have numbness and tingling. I probably waited too long before surgery and have some permanent damage but I keep doing exercises and hope for the best. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I don't think my CT was that bad when I had it was done. The numbness now is way worse then it was before surgery and that is what worries me. I had the surgery a week ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.