endoscopy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi recently had an endoscopy and consultant told me last night that I do have inflammation in my stomach but they cannot say why. Great. He advised me to carry on taking the 30mg Lansoprazole daily and to see my doctor if things get worse. Great again.I am also now getting a strange tingling sensation in my throat so I am stil

Concerned about what is going on.

Does any of this sound familiar to you. All advice and comments would be selcomedl

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well, the acid in your stomach is your body's first line of defense against foodborne pathogens, so I usually try to steer clear of PPIs and wouldn't recommend them to most people. But, of course that's just me. Green tea is another adjunct therapy you could try, as tea is chuck full of natural antivirals and antibacterials, so if it is caused by an infection that's a good start.
  • Posted

I have had this procedure done on Fri.I too take Lanzaprosal but on viewing the results I have got to change my antacids.I have been suffering with acid for a while and through the investigation my stomach was partly bleeding with inflomation.I have been advised not to eat any  spicy  or food that can cause acid build up.The other part to this is I also have to take the medication 1hour before I eat.Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks Craig it certainly does and I am sorry to learn that you have the same problem. Ted
  • Posted

I recently had endoscopy, I was told I had inflammation in the duodenum and to continue with lansoprazole, Have you been tested for  h pylori as that can cause stomach inflammation, which you also need  to take antibiotics.
    • Posted

Feb yes the HP test was OK apparently but I cannot help but wonder as I still have the inflammation.

I have also been given Rent... to help me sleep of a night. I am also taking a probioti drink daily. I just cannot believe my doctors attitude of if your unlucky its quite common for people of you age to get AR.regards Ted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.