Endoscopy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all saw a consultant last week and I'm having an endoscopy in a weeks time and have been referred for an mrcp scan as although ultrasound didn't show stones it showed thickened bile duct. I'm guessing the endoscope won't show gallbladder issues because of where it goes but is this just to rule out other stuff??

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Im getting my endoscope done on the 9th! I had to wait 8 weeks  to get a date.  I asked why im getting that.....my surgeon said its to rule out anything like gastritis/ulcers/inflammation/ibs  ect that may be adding to all my symptoms im getting with my inflammed gb. He is also taking biopsys too......rather nervous about the whole thing!!
    • Posted

Nothing to be nervous about.  All very straight forward and they tell you exactly what they are doing.  Do not worry about the biopsy.  That is not as bad as it sounds at all.  They are not taking lumps of anything rather a swab or slight scraping when the endoscope is where it needs to be.
    • Posted

Vonnie .

please dont worry yourself about endoscopy i really was nervouse about having mine done but no need to have been they sedate you and you cant remember much about it . they tell you there and then as well what they have found so no waiting for results all good. you will be one step closer to finding out whats wrong . linda

• Posted

When I had mine was to unblock bile duct n also shown I had numerous stones in gallbladder so they will check your gallbladder
  • Posted

Thanks to everyone for responding. Vonnie Mine is day before yours so will let you know how I get on x
    • Posted

Awwww is it!!! I will ve watching closly hun!! xxx
    • Posted

How did u get on hun?? Proberly to soon to ask!!! Im pooing myself!!
    • Posted

Hi vonnie.

So had to be there for 5pm. Got my blood pressure and heart rate checked by a nurse and asked loads of questions this was then repeated by a second nurse. At 5.50pm I was taken down to theatre. Sat on the bed and consultant put the catheter in my hand and injected the sedative then sprayed my throat. Asked to lay down a few minutes later it was over. I do not remember the endoscope going in or coming out I remember gagging a bit and the nurse telling me to breathe. Then wheeled down to recovery. Given a cuppa and some biscuits which was bliss. Heart rate and blood pressure checked again and sent on my way! Got told mild gastris and told biopsies will be 4 weeks and back to him in 8 weeks he is chasing my mri scan. All in all vonnie it was over in blink of an eye and I remember very little. Can't believe how scared I was. Hope you are being sedated too and please don't worry I'm a scardy cat and I'm fine. Will be thinking about you and let me know how you get on xx

• Posted

Oh wow, im glad you found it not too bad hun!! How did u feel when u woke up?? Im defo going for sedation....is it full sedation u had or the other one, not sure what its called lol.......xx
    • Posted

It's called conscious sedation and I felt a bit drunk to be honest but not in a bad way😊 and I was able to eat and drink immediately afterwards which I was pleased about as felt a bit dizzy through lack of food. You're gonna be fine I just know it! Xx
    • Posted

Hey hun, well had it done......without sedation and havent gagged sooo much in my life lol...... they found absolutley nothing in my tummy, surgeon said everything looked healthy! So not sure whats causing the burning/bruised feeling.
    • Posted

How brave are you vonnie??!! Well done you

What's,next for you then?? Have you had a mri scan?? xx

• Posted

It was horrible to be honest but couldnt be bothered feeling sluggish for the rest of the day.....but my tummy feels like a washing machine just now and cant stop burping lol......i honestly dont know now whats next.....seeing the doc on friday!! She took bloods last week just to check my cortisol levels and they came back low/normal......she wants to retest for that. What about you? whats next for you?x
    • Posted

Waiting for an mri scan back to see the consultant in 8 long weeks already 4 months in. Nightmare just want to find out Fed up with feeling constantly poorly 😞 keep me posted and fingers crossed that we get answers soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.