Endoscopy

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm having an endoscopy tomorrow and I'm so worried! Should i go for sedation? I really don't know what to do! Please help and tell me it will be ok 😪

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I'm new to the group and just like you I was terrified that I was having a endoscopy today 5/5/17. I have had 3 confirmed appointments which I always cancelled.

Back in 2013 I had my first colonoscopy and it was a disaster (all my fault) as I elected to try and do it without sedation... Bad mistake half way into the procedure I was screaming for sedation and they finally knocked me out.

Fast forward to today. I had been having pain in the upper part of my stomach since 2014. I was affaid to have a endoscopy.

I could not sleep last night and my appointment was at 7am finally around 4am I fell asleep.

I told myself? I was going to do it sedation and all!

I was not afraid when they started prepping me.

I told them I was affaid and wanted some happy meds which was administrated before going into the procedure room.

Once there I was still talking and the last thing I remember was the nurse telling me to roll on my left side, When I woke up I was in recovery.

That was less than 12 hrs ago and I am doing just fine. No sore throat no after affects of the sedation and no pain in my tummy.

Not a bad experience at all for me anyway

I am 59 years old.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

HI everyone! Endoscopy went well...i asked to be sedated and didn't feel a thing! I have mild gastritis and have been told to continue taking esomprazole for the next 6-8 weeks

• Posted

You should be fine. Just go to a regular hospital and not a VA Hospital to have it done. My father had his done at a VA in Dallas. He was in pre renal failure before they started it but went into post renal failure a day after they finished. He passed 8 days later.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.