Endoscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I had an endoscopy earlier this week with sedation although a bit uncomfortable it was fine it was the fourth one I,ve had in a year however the doctor decided to do another test immediately after which I think was called an eus  when he tried to insert the tube it was agony and I started coughing and choking he then waited about five minutes and tried again but no way would it go down my throat felt like it had closed up so he gave up when I asked him later why that had happened he couldn't give me an explanation it was so horrible I,ve been having flashbacks has this happened to anyone else and is there an alternative test that can be done 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.