Endoscopy

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had a endoscopy and colonoscopy with biopsies in both 4 days ago i starting feeling nauseous chest pain and shortness of breath that started last night which was 3 days later I'm so confused its Sunday er visits are expensive so i don't want to go if its for nothing can someone let me know if its its something for me to worry about

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had the same experience almost 2 weeks ago with my endoscopy. The pain was horrible in my chest and esophagus. I played it safe and went to emergency. They did a scan to determine if I had perforation, and I was fine. They sent me home without any advice. I'm still having chest pains, and a bit of a hard time breathing. I called the surgeons office, and they told me it had nothing to do with the surgery. I'm very frustrated because I feel worse than I did before the endoscopy. I've decided to stick to soft foods, and follow up with my family doc for an xray and a blood test. Try not to panic unless you are vomiting coffee ground like blood, and or having blood in your stool. If you are running a fever, or have any of those symptoms, I would go to emergency to be safe. They say pain isn't common after endoscopy, but all the info on this site...it seems a lot of people have minor to severe pain afterwards. I'm not sure this helps you, but you should know you are not alone! Good luck with your recovery. I'm sure you'll be on the mend soon!

• Posted

it went away after a couple days thanks good luck

now I'm just dealing with the wheezing with asthma attacks that is new and i believe it's from the ulcer in my esophagus but the doctors don't know for sure but hopefully it gets better soon

• Posted

hi natalie im having similar symptoms, i had my endoscopy two days ago and am feeling very sore all down my esophagus and the pain is radiating to my back. how do you feel now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.