Endoscopy experience

Posted , 1 user is following.

I had my endoscopy 2 days ago my appointment was at 10 am I was. There at 10 15 minutes later they call me in talk to me told me to go to the bathroom talk about the weather and stuff to distract me but that didn’t distract me  anyway the nurse was nice she asked me if I have any medication allergic or if i take any pain pills I said no just aspirin allergic  after that she took my blood pressure and put something in my finger  I told her I don’t want pain or feel anything but I don’t want to be like a sombie all drug out so she said she will only put a little bit she did. In my arm anesthesia no spray I laid on my side with a towel around my neck a mouthpiece and she told me to close my eyes and relax I closed my eyes but didn’t relax lol I don’t remember when the doctor when in I don’t remenber when he put the endoscope in I was awake but I couldn’t talk or function  after that I don’t know how many minutes it was but it feel like it was 5 minutes ? At the end I felt he looking throw my stomach with the endoscope I gagged a lot but didn’t throw up  and then one minute later he put it out and the nurse said I did good but I don’t remember the only thing I remember was gagging because I felt the endoscope in my throw looking throw my stomach then he putted it out how long does a endoscopy take because I felt like it was 5 minutes ? I m a short person 4’11 100 lb maybe my stomach is small ? It take shorter time?  Did he putted out because I was aware and starting to gag or because they were done ? I don’t remember oh my  i was wake but I couldn’t function 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.