Endoscopy Normal. Have burning stomach !

Posted , 5 users are following.

I will try and make a long story short. 6 weeks ago I ate a bunch of processed junk food, and started to feel sick after I ate it. I made myself puke a few times which I'm now regretting. I am not bulimic btw. The next day is when the stomach burning started, and I wasn't sure what was going on a few days into it. Stomach felt like it was burning itself apart for about 2 weeks was on the couch crying with burning pain. My stomach burned when ate or drank anything. I was able to get in to get a endoscopy 2 1/2 weeks after this started. I was expecting the doctor to say I had bad gastritis, or ulcers. When the endoscopy was done he said my stomach had white mucus, but it looked normal, and no ulcers... He didn't do a biopsy because my stomach looked normal I'm guessing? I told him my stomach was burning badly and feels like I ave a ulcer... He told me its from stress... So now here I am 6 weeks later and it still burns when I eat anything... I am at a loss. Has anyone had this happen? I've read of Visceral Hypersensitivity, and Functional Dyspepsia, but this definitely feels like burning in my stomach, but doctor says my stomach is normal

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

My symptoms when this started have been chills, nausea, and burning stomach

• Posted

Have u changed your diet to good bland food, ie no soda, fizzy drinks, coffee, chips, fries, burgers, pizza?? Make sure your diet is good for at least a month plus no smoking or alcohol as these all aggrevate the stomach. It may be that you have a reflux issue?? if the ensdoscopy was normal then this will probably settle down, if in doubt go back to the dr.

• Posted

No reflux... just feels like acid burning my stomach since the Night I puked

• Posted

Acid reflux is another word for heartburn or burning in your stomach. What you have described sounds like reflux!

• Posted

Yes I changed my diet. Only thing that helps is cold milk. Most everything else burns after I eat

• Posted

hi, i can relate to some of your symptoms with my wife as she suffers these all over body burning attacks that would last for 2 or 3 mins. its like someone injects something into her and causes a burning sensation from head to toe. no diagnosis as yet.

• Posted

I had a normal endoscopy too but I have a burning stomach from GERD. The only thing my doctor suggested to me was that had a weak, lower oesophageal sphincter which was opening when it shouldn't and was spewing out acid.

The junk food may have irritated your stomach especially from the acid produced after vomiting. Try sticking to bland, freshly cooked foods which are not rich, greasy or spicy. Avoid all processed food. Try OTC antacids and milk to soothe your stomach and do not worry. Nothing serious showed up on your endoscopy; this is good news for you. Concentrate on that and do not worry. Worry aggravates gut problems. When I worry, it can make my acid reflux worse. It sounds like you have acid reflux.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.