Endoscopy ok so what’s going on ??

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi

so i have had issues with very loud burping for a few years and last year it got bad. GP has had me on omeprazole on and off in that time and didnt seem to do anything. started getting bad anxiety and found out i had helicobactor. finally fjnished antibiotics but still felt crap, still burping, lost over a stone and was left with bad acid and heartburn after antibiotics. started taking omega 3 and probiotics but didnt help. gp sent me for a nasal endoscopy . i think i had convinced myself for many many years i had stomach cancer but endoscopy showed everything was normal with just a small bit of gastritis which they think was from antibiotics. tedted me for helicobactor and that came back clear!!! but i am still burping ! really loud and deep all day. my stomach still feels like its rumbling now and again. my apetite is great now nut dont seem to be putting on any weight( i am exceptionally skinny and always have been and always struggled to put on weight) my bowels are normal. i had bloods just after christmas and they were fine . i have suffered with back pain for nearly 4 years since having my aon as a very hard birth but its really bad at the moment on the lower part of my back and i keep getting burning all at the top of my back ?? i am just lost. i really thought i would be all better as endoscopy came back clear??? do i have cancer in the lungs or chest now or down below somewhere ??? i just dont understand how im not feeling better!!! is there something else i could be taking to help stomach issues ?? should i start taking my omeprazole again ?? help please. i really need to stop this vicious cycle of feeling like im constanntly dying !!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

as far as the back. I had the burning along the spine etc. They did an MRI had something called radiculopathy,you can look that up. They found I also had a herniated disc.

• Posted

If you had cancer you would be dead by now! you must get help to stop obsessing about cancer it will only encourage anxiety. Do go back and talk to your health provider and also what is your diet like?? it can make a huge difference. You still may have bad acid reflux and maybe try some different form of ppi.

good luck😊

• Edited

After H pylori treatment it is common to still feel awful after strong antibiotics and the h pylori itself. Stress makes gut problems worse. It sounds like your endoscopy wasn't entirely clear since slight gastritis was found. Your symptoms sound like it. H pylori can cause gastritis. The treatment for this is PPIs which you have been taking. These medications help to protect your stomach lining from excess acid. I would go back to your doctor and say that the omeprazole didn't really help before and ask if you should go back on them at a higher dose or try a different PPI. Try a food diary to see if a particular food is irritating your stomach which can happen with gastritis.

Don't worry about your weight. Try to be happy about being slim because that seems to be your natural metabolism since you have always been that way, You don't have to put on weight to be healthy. I am very healthy and very skinny and bony because I have a fast metabolism which is perfectly normal. Stress can cause you to lose weight. Try relaxation therapy and try to focus on a hobby or light exercise to take your mind off your stomach.

I have IBS which is now in remission because I have plenty of things to enjoy which keep me calm and stress free. At the height of my IBS which lasted three and a half months, I found that I had interludes of no pain when I was out with friends and having fun.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.