Posted , 3 users are following.
Oh no the day is almost here Friday 25th, it could have been worse and fell on the 13th I would for sure have cancelled.
I was meant to go in at 9am but got a letter saying that it was still going to be on the 25th July but had changed to 9.15am I was shocked that I had received a letter telling me that my appointment had been put back 15 minutes. I did think what a waste of postage as I wouldn't have really noticed waiting that short time anyway. It was only after I later re read the letter I noticed that yes my appointment was 15 minutes later and also at a different hospital..Lol Silly me imagine if I hadn't read the letter again.
My Consultant referred me for this procedure 5 weeks ago after saying that it sounds like 'globus hystericus' just like Dr Spock had said to me in another thread. My Consultant wants to rule out a 'Hiatus Hernia'. I still believe that it is acid reflux as after certain foods I'm unable to swallow and get bad indigestion. I guess after 10 months of suffering I'll finally get some answers on Friday.
I am dreading it though in fact terrified as I've never had anything like this done before. Then there is the decision of to sedate or not to sedate. What do I do? I'm going towards the to sedate option at the moment as I gag even when I'm brushing my teeth sometimes. What if I choke on the camera. I don't know sometimes in life I think that the anticipation is worse then the actual outcome. Anyway I'll update after Friday.
1 like, 6 replies