Endoscopy query? Please, I need urgent advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

So i have endoscopy tomorrow morning and i am on Ferrous Fumarate but i wasn't told by the department to stop them and the letter that i got from them didn't say that either but today i double checked with google and it says that iron should be stopped seven days before! So now i am totally panicking because it took me five months to get that appointment and i really don't want to loose it! I took only one of my doses today (out of three). If that will be a problem is there any way of helping my body to get rid of the residual iron?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

just tell them tomorrow and let them decide . Tell them no one told you and it was not on paper work they gave you. I bet they will still do it. and if it would put you in danger in any way then best you dont do it

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.