Endoscopy results came in

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello my endoscopy results came in and it came back with "chronic gastritis,minimal my doctor isn't in this week what does that mean? 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Is there not another doctor that can explain the results to you.

I am waiting for my appointments, so can not really advise, someone here will help when they see your post.

Junie

• Posted

It sounds like you have gastritis which is inflammation of the stomach lining.  Ask to see a different doctor to have have your results properly explained to you.  Your endoscopy notes will be on their computer.  With gastritis, you should avoid rich, greasy and spicy foods and stick to a bland diet. Often a PPI is prescribed to protect your stomach from further irritation.
    • Posted

This is what I think I might also have. Start eating healthy avoid greasy foods, caffeine and spicy foods 
    • Posted

I had costochondritis for three months at the end of 2014.  It was agony and I suspect it was triggered by stress.  By February 2015 my IBS had started although it wasn’t diagnosed until mid May.  My doctor told me I had stress related IBS.
    • Posted

Initially, I was too frightened to go to the doctor so I tolerated the costochondritis for three months and kept telling mtself I had pulled a muscle.  Eventually, as the pain got worse, panic drove me to the doctor.
    • Posted

They never told me why I had it. 

They just said take pain relief tablets.

• Posted

I was told to take painkillers and wait it out as well. They said no one really knows what causes it but stress is a factor.  I had been going through a lot of stress before the pain came on.
    • Posted

I try to avoid stressful situations if I can. Doctors and dentists cause me the most anxiety, so if I have to go to these appointments, I mention all the things I can't cope with and adjustments are made for me to reduce stress and the risk of an IBS flare up.  For other things, I satirise the situation in a Limerick.

• Posted

I put in the Ibs forum, I am waiting for appointment at the hospital to see gastroenterologist, my Ibs  is bad again, but this burning I have not had before, 

My new gp has give me all sorts of meds, they make me worse.

Every time I go in he wants to write a script, so when he offered another script last week, I refused, I will wait for appointment with gastro.

It is exhausting, this is causing stress.

Limerick, great way to cope,

• Posted

Stomach burning is also a common symptom of IBS.  I reflux too with IBS.
    • Posted

Oh, was not sure if the burning was related to Ibs, it is very intense.

Maybe you can write me a limerick, 

Junie

• Posted

Hearburn and IBS go together.  I’ll private message you too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.