Endothermic Ablation (Radiogrequency)

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. I've had endothermic ablation today on my leg and just wanted to check out how others found the surgery. Does everyone feel the extreme burning pain that I did?  My vein was burnt for 30 seconds in 8 different places and each time the pain was excruciating. I'm not a wimp when it comes to pain but this was absolutely worse than childbirth.  I was given more anaesthetic half way through but it seemed to make no difference at all.  Feels ok now, just a bit sore.  Would love to hear if this is normal or what others experiences were.  Thanks.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had radio frequency ablation as I had read that the laser can cause burning. I think it is short term for laser problems but radio frequency does not generate the heat.
    • Posted

No it was fine, I had a local anaesthetic and the whole thing took half an hour or so from start to finish.
  • Posted

I didn't find the pain excruciating, but definitely not pain free. I

Hope it lessened when they gave you more anesthesia to your legs.  Can't imagine how you didn't jump off the table! That sounds horrible.

• Posted

It is natural that there will be little bit of pain for few seconds or minute during Endothermic Ablation. Still if more pain problem arises then immediately consult with the doctor for better treatment. Take care.
  • Posted

Hi how are you doing? I had laser and vein stripped last night am in agony!
  • Posted

From what I have heard from others who have undergone EVLT, there is pain during the operation, and the degree of pain was indeed different for different people. If it has subsided a few weeks after the operation, I would say you should not worry, and you probably were the relatively unfortunate ones for whom the pain is terrible during the operation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.