Enema Water Getting Stuck

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know this is probably silly but I wonder if someone can shed light on the matter.  In the past I used tap water enemas to relieve  constipation.  From time to time, it seemed the water would go up and get stuck.  It almost seemed like there was a door that could open to let stuff in and then  close and not let stuff out- I know this is a very poor analogy but it's the best way I can describe the feeling.  

I also feel like this happens with gas too where the gas is right there but something internally blocks it from coming out and no matter how bloated and distended you are it won't release.  

Or if I get the feeling I have to pass gas but the timing is not appropriate.  However when I finally get to somewhere private the gas won't come out, like you know you have to and it was ready a minute ago but it went back in and now you are in pain from it.  

Again I know this sounds silly but I feel like whatever this is, is a big contributing factor to my problems.  

Any information would be appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, you can do bending exercises, info online, if I get bloated trapped wind and I'm at home and there is no one around, I lay on my back and bring my legs over my head so my toes touch the floor above my head, this nearly always works, best not done in the presence of others, if you know what I mean, fortunately I'm pretty supple which helps.

• Posted

Hi albert, I think I understand you, I have learnt to relax and control all my muscles through yoga, my yoga teacher knows I have irritable bowel and diverticulosis and as a result I end up in pain some days. I make sure I go to the toilet just before the class and am really careful what I eat before I go to there. I know what you mean though, it's as though you need a label to explain why you're sick. Analyse what you eat, some foods as you probably know produce more gas. As for being constipated you need to talk to your doctors about that and see about a bowel softener. Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you so much!  Well put yessss people don't understand and it's true you really do need a label!  I really want to try yoga I think it will help.  I bet relaxing is the key!

• Posted

I I have been fasting weekly for 10 years and I conclude a fast with an enema every week. so I have a lot of experience with enemas. I also find that sometimes there is a lock muscle that seems to get activated for some unknown reason. I don't have any magic pill for unlocking that muscle but I have found that stretching or twisting to the right and to the left while breathing deeply helps a lot.. Sometimes I take several enemas because it seems that at some point that muscle just let's go if you keep putting water in. I have often thought that the body just does not want to release something toxic in the mind which relates the toxicity in the body. so the question is what is the emotional block that's keeping the flow from happening. as water and that part of the body relate to the emotions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.