Energy levels....

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I am wondering if anyone knows of any medicines that can help boost your energy levels.  I am extremely tired all the time and I am eating fruit, meat, fish etc etc going for walks  but I am not feeling the way I used to be which was more active.  Is this normal??? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thank you.  Trying to educate myself................
  • Posted

You don't say whether you've been diagnosed with ME/CFS, or suspect you might have it because of an array of symptoms. If you just have general low energy, don't jump to any conclusions. Low energy can have many causes, and should probably be investigated. 
  • Posted

Hi Orange

As Jackie has already mentioned, have you had a diagnosis for CFS?...there is a very long list of symptoms for this condition, fatigue is just one of them!

Most common  illnesses that can cause fatigue are under active thyroid, a lack of B12 absorption, diabetes.... there are many more but you need to visit your GP to discuss

your fatigue and he should order blood tests to ge to the bottom of your problem!

Hope this helps?!smile

• Posted

What is CFS?  I wake up in the morning a lot feeling sick but I am not actually sick.
    • Posted

Hi Orange

CFS is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome!

If you look on this website it gives you an explanation but you can also Google it!smile

• Posted

Yes it can't know more about this disease but I think it is a serious problem .

• Posted

some vitamins like vit c and the b vits are good for boosting energy.  But research  says that a lot of vitamins get excreted in urine.  But if you are run down they are a good idea.#

richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.