Energy levels down due to HRT???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello lovely ladies,

I'm needing some advice.

I've tried all over the counter remedies for symptoms and none worked so have been forced to take HRT tablets.

Has anyone noticed a significant decrease in energy and an increase in sleeping???

I have severe M.E. and things are particularly extreme at the moment and am seriously wondering if it’s down to the HRT tablets.

Any comments if you've experienced a decrees in energy or sleeping problems that you can put down to the HRT I would love to hear from you.

Thank you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I took some bio-identical progesterone at the recommendation of a naturopath.  I was exhausted! My energy levels are low during my peri experience, so to feel like I just wanted to drop into bed all the time was not an option for me. I stopped taking it. 

And, for whatever reason, I was also freezing cold all the time.  In New England in the winter, that was not a bonus. cheesygrin

• Posted

I also have ME and have spent the last 10 months or so REALLY struggling with crippling fatigue, muscle aches and pains, disturbed sleep, the works. Probably the worst I've been since being diagnosed 20 odd years ago. Went on Elleste Solo 1mg (as I already had the Mirena coil) and that, combined with regular acupuncture seemed to help initially, but after 5 months I was back to square one again. I was then prescribed Elleste Solo 2mg and started a daily supplement of B vitamins (as well as continuing with the acupuncture) and things seem to be easing. I'm certainly not as tired / fatigued as I was. Hope you find something that helps x

• Posted

Thanks for that Klp77,

I am amazed taking a higher dose helped the fatigue!

I am thinking of just stopping the Elleste Duet 1 mg so you are saying by increasing it your energy went up!

The only problem I have from Elleste Duet is the fatigue it is causing.....so increasing it seems rather scary.

I can hardly put one foot past the other...

• Posted

Hello, I started on Premarin about six weeks ago. It has helped with a lot of my menopause symptons but like you I feel exhaused and sleepy a lot of the time and have low energy.. I too am wondering if this is a side effect..

• Posted

Hi Van-j,

Thank for your reply.

I wouldn’t  be atoll surprised if it was causing your fatigue.

It is such a mine field all this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.