Energy with RA

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good morning to all! ☺

I am wondering what you guys do to gain some energy having RA. Seems I am always so tired. Vitamin levels are fine. Thanks for your kindness and suggestions! Have a blessed day☺

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

In all chronic illness the way to deal with the fatigue is really pacing. There are links in this post to info about that. The second one is excellent - the fatigue is the same whatever the autoimmune illness:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/pacing-in-chronic-illness-some-useful-links-that-explain-it-and-how-to-do-it-516000

For a nice allegory about fatigue and managing your resources, google the Spoons Theory by Christina Miseriando. It is a useful way of explaining the problem to friends who aren't ill.

• Posted

Hi there Clynn...I don't have any suggestions really as I am constantly tired.I try to do things when feeling a bit better but too much sets me back. It's just about taking things steady but it's so frustrating isn't it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.