Enlarged heart

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to urgent care for chest pains I was having the night before. The doctor did an EKG, blood test, and chest X-ray. He went over all the results and said everything was okay. He went over the chest x ray and said my heart was a little bit above average size and said it was no big deal. But I went home and looked that up and it seems like a pretty big deal. Now I can't stop stressing about it and my anxiety has been awful all night and day.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi how old are you?
    • Posted

So this was actually in September.... But I came across an article last night about having a bigger heart. Starting reading everything and got scared so asked the question today on here.....I'm a 23 year old male. 6'2" tall and 200 pounds. I was an athlete most of my life untill about 2 years ago. I have never ate healthy really. I work out every once in awhile now but not the caliber I used to. I've never had any health issues my whole life. I'm pretty sure my heart problems I went in for was just in anxiety attack. I've been battling anxiety for about 8 months now. But I was shocked when he told me heart was a "a little bit a above average, but nothing to worry about". But you know how anxiety goes I'm extremely worried about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.