Enlarged lymph nodes (maybe normal)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I have a lot of palpable lymph nodes all over my body and I would like to know if these are normal. I have like 2 lymph nodes in submandibular area, 1 in submental area, 4 lymph nodes in neck (2 on one side and 2 on another), 2 under ears (one under left and one under right ear) and 4 in groin (2 on one side and 2 on other). Almost all of the nodes are soft and movable, except one submandibular node under a tooth with cavity, which is hard and immobile. All nodes are <1 cm except 2 lymph nodes in neck where tonsils are located which are 1.5-2 cm. I think those nodes near tonsils are called jugulodigastric nodes. Also I have 2 nodes in groin which are also 1.5-2 cm in size. To be honest, Im 14 year old teen male, Im 163 cm tall and weigh 42 kg (I have celiac disease), so I think this might be normal, since Im skinny. I dont have any other symptoms except mild fatigue and anxiety. I dont lose weight (I actually gained a little bit), no fever, no night sweats (except when I cover myself with a lot of blankets). What Im most scared of is lymphoma, although I think it might be toxoplasmosis because I have a cat. Still, it might be nothing but my imagination, since, as I said, I am a anxiety sufferer. BTW I have this lymph nodes and mild fatigue for almost a year and when it started I did complete blood count which showed nothing abnormal. I was searching on google for possible causes and it just gave me more and more anxiety. So what could it be?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

And also lymph nodes didnt change in size and I havent experienced any symptoms becoming worse except my anxiety becoming worse over time. I also get chest pains with anxiety.
  • Posted

Although I have the same thing, but how old are you? Mine I had little one on my jaw and one on my neck and little ones on my groins I did a lot of blood work only the lymph nodes is some how high not that much and also have this internal itches and feeling of fainting I don't know if that is due to fear because I am kind of person I don't like to joke with any health issue since I lost my father to illness I have be scared to health issue..,so I have to go for biopsy so I ask the doctor how is the result but he said the result is not out yet that I have to give some more days they are trying to use immunohistochemistry..I still patiently waiting but you have to do biopsy to be sure..I have fatigue all the time as well when I am working I don't feel anything but when relaxing I feel little pains around my body...my temperature is always normal but the itches make me crazy...if you have fb we can chat more...I was thinking I am the only one has this problem 

• Posted

Im 14, teen male. Im gonna think about doing biopsy because I will do blood test first. I cant describe my fatigue as weakness or tiredness, but its more like I yawn all the time, but I dont feel out of energy and I sometimes feel hyperactive. But still its not sleepiness, because I tried going to bed when having these fatigue episodes and I couldnt sleep. I dont have itches nor pains.
  • Posted

Although I have the same thing, but how old are you? Mine I had little one on my jaw and one on my neck and little ones on my groins I did a lot of blood work only the lymph nodes is some how high not that much and also have this internal itches and feeling of fainting I don't know if that is due to fear because I am kind of person I don't like to joke with any health issue since I lost my father to illness I have be scared to health issue..,so I have to go for biopsy so I ask the doctor how is the result but he said the result is not out yet that I have to give some more days they are trying to use immunohistochemistry..I still patiently waiting but you have to do biopsy to be sure..I have fatigue all the time as well when I am working I don't feel anything but when relaxing I feel little pains around my body...my temperature is always normal but the itches make me crazy...if you have fb we can chat more...I was thinking I am the only one has this problem 

• Posted

Hello, my situation is very similar to yours (except the ones in the groin area) and I also have health anxiety. So I'm scared to death! Have you found out anything about yours. 

• Posted

Yes the result was normal, but i still having lymph and body pain...If you have any reason why that might be let me know too
    • Posted

Well you say you have pains when you are relaxing but not when you are working, sounds like it;s your anxiety. I have bad health anxiety and was scared to death about having a brain tumor, and every time I thought about it I would get these head pains. But when I was working or out with my friends I never experienced any pain. Started seeing a psychiatrist and haven't had the pain since, it was just my mind playing tricks on me. Fatigue is also a extremely common symptom of anxiety, as anxiety is very taxing on your brain. I can feel lymph nodes around my head and neck area, and I was also scared about lymphoma, but didn't experience anything like night sweats, temperature, fever ect. Apparently it's actually quite common for people to have multiple palpable lymph nodes, but the chances of developing lymphoma is slim. 

• Posted

Just want to mention, I'm from the UK (where are you from?), and there were only 2,110 cases of lymphoma in 2015. This is an extremely small amount, and as your tests have come back normal, I guarantee you have nothing to worry about.

• Posted

I feel your pain! I'm 27 and I have 4 lymph nodes that popped up in my head/neck area within last 4 months. 2 behind my left ear, 1 on back of my right neck and one under my right jaw. I have such bad health anxiety over it, I am so stressed and lately keep getting chest pains bc I'm so worked up about it.

I had an MRI done on the first bump back in Dec, and I've seen my Dr, Dermo and an ENT and all of them say it's nothing concerning. Their guess is my acne or dermatitis on my scalp is what's causing the nodes to swell. But my thing is my acne/dermatitis is actually not bad right now, it's been much worse in the past and they never swelled. So why would they all be swelling up now and not b4 when it was way worse?

I keep trying to remind myself that, from what my Drs have been saying, weight loss, fever and night sweats are more concerning symptoms. And apparently all of those would be severe, like rapid weight loss, drenching night sweats where your bed sheets are soaked, and a persistent fever that won't go away. Also, all 3 Drs keep saying that all my swollen nodes are small, around 1cm area and a concerning swollen node would be much bigger than that (like golf ball sized).

It's so hard to remain calm when I have health anxiety, when the nodes won't go away and when more keep popping up =( My ENT said maybe I could do an ultrasound in a month or so if they are all still present, but he doesn't seem concerned at the moment. I wish I could not be concerned -___-

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.