Enlarged Lymph nodes with LP?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been suffering with LP for about 4-5 months now and the rash has spread all over my body, I think i am in the healing process now but I have felt an enlarged lymph node at the back of my neck, a few infact.

My question is if anyone else has experienced enlarged lymph node while suffering from LP and if having an enlarged lymph node is a normal body response to LP rash.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I have systemic LP (they think) as well as lupus. A biopsy showed some positive for OLP and i have other systemic symptoms also which dermatologist believes fits with LP.

i have enlarged lymph nodes that go up and down some staying up long term in my neck and under my tongue. i am terrified it is something more sinister. i came across your post whilst looking for info on enlarged lymph nodes and lichen planus that doesnt automatically assume cancer!!

may i ask what your symptoms are please?

• Posted

Hi Hayley,

Thankyou for your reply, I am sorry to hear what you are going through and hope that the things you are experiencing pass soon, this autoimmune disease is a b*****d!!

I was diagnosed initially with OLP and had a biopsy to confirm this. However, after a month or so my nails started to get ridges in them and had rashes all over my body. I went to see a dermatologist and mentioned LP as I had it confirmed in the mouth and she said that the rash certainly does look like LP. I am also experiencing alopecia on my beard.

They have given me dermovate ointment to control the symptoms but to be honest i feel it isnt really working that well. I have no resorted into using Aveeno cream which i have found has helped with the itching,

Now, a few weeks ago I noticed an enlarged lymph node behind the neck and it was not painful. I have shown this to a friend of mine who is a doctor who believes its just the body reacting to the LP as its trying to fight off inflammation. I then mentioned it to my own doctor who also said it could be due to LP, or an infection. I have had Complete blood tests which shows nothing sinister, no Inflammotory markers have increased etc. My friend has also said that if it accompanies things like unintentional, weight loss, night sweats, excessive tiredness and the lymph node continues to increase then its something to look into.

I have noticed my scalp more inflammed than usual over the weeks especially when combing the hair, which could suggest the reason why the lymph nodes in the head are big.....i don't know.

I think if your lymph nodes are changing in size then it is most probably working fine, if it was cancer it would continue to grow? and again if its not accompanying the other symptoms of cancer then its most likely just the body working normally?

I've joined the facebook page lichen planus group and found other people when they have flares experience enlarged lymph nodes.

In my head i feel not convinced until I have proof that its not cancer, the more i read around the subject the more insane I become lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.